Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Happy Easter!

Author Topic: Happy Easter!
LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To those of you celebrating today, hope you and your loved ones have a joyful Easter.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
- "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
- "For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain."

IP: Logged
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You, too, even though I don't celebrate it!!
*hands her an easter egg*
The egg is a sign of light, life, and liberation..... It is actually used in cultures across the world on this day and on the equinox (which is what I celebrate, instead) ... but who invented the idea of HIDING them? ... anyone know?

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Easter Bunny, duh.

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it was his bodyguard, the Easter Bear who came up with the idea. Too many youthful predators ignored the basket of eggs and went straight for the bunny's throat.

As a result, his life insurance was cancelled. Due to the nature of the job (only once a year, very hazardous) he didn't qualify for workman's comp. The poor nervous wreck almost had to quit before the "hide-the-eggs" ploy saved the day.

The Easter bear, you say? Well, due to the nature of his work, he doesn't get much press. Part of his compensation is the right to eat anyone who molests or otherwise interferes with his employer.

Happy...

...Easter!

------------------
COMPONENT EQUIVALENCY NOTICE:
The Subatomic Particles(Electrons, Protons, etc.) Comprising This Product Are Exactly the Same in Every Measurable Respect as Those Used in the Products of Other Manufacturers, and No Claim to the Contrary May Legitimately Be Expressed or Implied.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it me, or is Baloo getting weirder?

Which reminds me of something someone once said about easter...

'The Lord our God is a jealous god. And that is why he had Jesus killed before he became to popular'

Logical...

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well .... I think the Goddess had him killed off to set an example to all people who didn't have enough brains to follow the old ways and needed an easier religion to follow.
I mean ... come on .. how hard is it?
"The Lord be with you"
"And also with you" .... I don't personally think this kind of faith does it for me. However, SOMEONE had to start the catholic faith ... and so Jesus is born, killed, etc. Badda bing, A new religion is born. ;-)

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

[This message was edited by Jubilee McGann on April 04, 1999.]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I did it.
Yep, we assimilated the poor guy.. how else do you think he was able to pull a Neelix and come back after three days? Nanoprobes!

I'm going to Hell for that bit. And you're ALL coming with me. Don't even try.
"Jesus, we didn't laugh at that, please!"
"Shut up! Get on the bus with First and Scorcese, you're goin' DOWN!"

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Jubilee
Member # 99

*is already in the 9th circle of hell, and therefore cannot argue with him*

------------------
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*waves to First from the sixth circle of Hell* Come on down! The climate's a bit warm, but you get used to it after a while...

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since I'm a "virtuous pagan" type, I get to be in the First Circle, with Ghandi and those guys.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps