Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bored outta my mind/Taking a break..

Author Topic: Bored outta my mind/Taking a break..
bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from studying.

I have only 4 days left and then I can go home! I have 6 finals to studying for this week. I am tired of capping the right words, but everyone here types nice so I will too, I guess. I want to go home and vegg, read a good book, work out, and do some shopping. I cannot really change any of my grades at finals unless I just not show up, so I am thankful for that. I am borderline dean's list. I need to boost my gpa a tenth.

I christen this the formal thread for people to ramble while taking a break from studying. Good luck to you, d o not stay here too long.

------------------
With 17 hours of class, guess what I'm doing.

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just what the White Coats ordered.
As I have spent the last few weeks in self-imposed exam exile, I feel I qualify for participation in this thread. I have 2 exams over and done with:
Computer Modelling (MicrocapV and MathCAD6--piss easy) and Electronics and Devices (tricky, but I'll be damned if I don't get at least 70% in it).

On Monday(tomorrow *%&�!!) I have effing Geophysics, Tuesday I've Light and Electromagnetism, and on Thursday @ 11.30am I will have completed my Quantum Mechanics paper. The plan for the rest of Thursday goes as follows:
Drink.
Dinner.
Sleep.
Drink. Drink. Drink.
More dinner.
More drink.
Nightclub.
More drink.
See dinner again.
House party(I hope)
More drink.
Home.

And that, dear Forumites, is no more than I deserve for a good month's hard graft. I haven't had a pint in a fortnight, but I'll make up for that this coming weekend.

Good luck to all sitting exams this weather.

And remember: you better make your bed while you can, as you may have to sleep in it someday.

Gaseous Anomaly.
The Cloud That Came In From The Cold.

------------------
Devil: Oh look at the time! I'm late for services.
Stone: Services?
Devil: A group of young teenagers that have been celebrating the Black Sabbath are planning on deep-sixing their gym teacher tonight. I'm gonna go and give them a little encouragement.

Brimstone. May it rest in syndication.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello... I've got finals this week, too.... and unlike everyone else though, NO, I haven't been studying.... yes, I know I SHOULD... but I haven't.... why, you may ask? Well, the answer is quite simple... I missed two weeks of clss a few weeks back and I'm STILL trying to catch up.... and on top of that, I'm still sick and they think it's MONO! *sigh* Just what I need right now, huh? Oy...........

~LOA

------------------
"The battle is raging inside my weary heart
screaming for me to let it all go...
My body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm mad.
Who are you?

Geophysics went far better than I expected.
Sniff, sniff.
I smell a Pass coming my way.

Good luck Liz. You'll be OK. One thing I've found out is that as long as you've some work done, you'll pass.
What's MONO by the way?
Probably a woman's thing.

------------------
Devil: Oh look at the time! I'm late for services.
Stone: Services?
Devil: A group of young teenagers that have been celebrating the Black Sabbath are planning on deep-sixing their gym teacher tonight. I'm gonna go and give them a little encouragement.

Brimstone. May it rest in syndication.

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mono is only like the worse temporary illness you can have! No offense.

1 Final down, 5 to go! :-)

------------------
With 17 hours of class, guess what I'm doing.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mono = Mononucleosis or something like that. It sucks. Big time. As Bryce said, it's the worst temporary illness known to man..... ugh.......

And I know I'll pass all fo my classes... *L* BUT I need to keep a 3.0 in order to keep my scholorship money... ahhh.... see there problem? Agh....

Anyway, my first final is tomorrow.... *crosses fingers* It'll be a doozy.....

~LOA

------------------
"The battle is raging inside my weary heart
screaming for me to let it all go...
My body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck!

--Baloo

------------------
"You got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
--Yogi Berra
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps