Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Trite Lyrics flame

Author Topic: Trite Lyrics flame
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

These are some overused lyrics that should be forbidden:

-hold me tight (number one classic!)
-you're the one
-believe in me
-losing my mind
-fall from grace (all the rage nowadays, it appears)
-yeah (as filler if you're out of inspiration)
-you make me feel..

I'll post some more later I think..

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(sings)
Baby you're the one
You make me feel so good
when you hold me tight, yeah
If you believe in me
and I'm not losing my mind
then I wont fall from grace
cause you believe in me. (/sings)

------------------
Here I Come To Save The Day : Mighty Mouse

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with you, RW. The problem is that the radio landscape these days is growing more and more homogeneous. Each successive musical group has a smaller pool of inspiration to draw from, and as a consequence the music gets more and more bland, until eventually you get a patternless mush that, while unoffensive, is forgotten as soon as you turn the radio off.

Normally I'd take this opportunity to plug certain bands that buck that trend, but I don't think I need to be so blunt.

------------------
"I'll be the sky above the Ganges
I'll be the vast and stormy sea.
I'll be the lights that guide you inward.
I'll be the visions you will see."
--
R.E.M.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But inspiration isn't imagination. I guess that is why you like TMBG so much Sol...cause they have more imagination than any of the top 40 cruddy ass bands.

And the thing I like about them, and damn it if they ain't starting to grow on me like a rash , (oh and Sting for that matter) is that they are intelligent and use intelligent lyrics. Ones that challenge you and make you think even after the music stops.

------------------
Calvin: Reality continues to ruin my life.

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Other awful lyrics:

-freak (as a noun) (R&B? AAAAAHHHHHGGHHHH!)
-you/I are/am (not) the only one

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that little song up there
*nods up*
would be a HIT! on commercial radio.

Andrew

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
irrevocably." Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - The Drumhead

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also, you just made me realise RW, that maybe I too am getting sick of the lyrics about. for the last 2-3 months, i've been going sound track crazy.

as some of you may have guessed.

I have just recently got the 20th Anniversary CD of the TMP soundtrack.

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
irrevocably." Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - The Drumhead

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone heard of the Moody Blues? I love that band... Old as they are and still going, I can't get enough.

------------------
"Ooga Chucka Ooga Ooga" - Some Guy

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The imaginative bands I listen to don't get radio play. Like say, the southern rock band Nashville Pussy.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps