Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Where are you... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where are you...
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...on the Political compass?

Put this on the flameboard 'cos politics are involved...

I'll upload my own later; I'm on a school computer at the moment and i'm in a bit of a rush.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't someone post this earlier?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, about three or four times.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. But it's still cool.

I don't know where I used to be, but I'm Economic Left/Right: 1.88, Authoritarian/Libertarian: -2.56, putting me in the sparsely-populated lower-right quadrant. Of course, given the nature of the test, these scores aren't necessarily reliable. Annoying multiple-choice questions...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, didn't know about that. must've been before I was here.

Anyway I'm at Economic Left/Right: -2.62
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -0.31.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
despite the fact that i'm often accused of being a Republican (shudder, though i did vote that way in the last election) and overly conservative, i scored a Economic left/right of -2 and a Authoritarian/Libertarian of -5.74. i agree with the Authoritarian/Libertarian score for myself (as a Jeffersonian Constitutionalist, i certainly have strong Libertarian leanings), but i generally think of myself as being fiscally conservative.
IP: Logged
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.15

WOO YAY! I'm in Gandhi and Ken Livingston's quadrant. And Robin Cook. Grrreat.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.90

Guess I am not as centered as I thought....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone created a really cool diagram with the placement of all forumites in the compass. Can that person bring it back up (with all updated info, of course)

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the political spectrum being drilled into me by my teacher in European History. It's interesting to read an argument that the one-dimensional spectrum is obsolete.

I scored a (-4, -4). I was a bit surprised that the analysis had me leaning so far towards the libertarian side, but then some of the multiple choice answers I gave were approximations based on the options. I may have agreed with the statement overall, but with some exceptions that the multiple choice format can't really accept.

I'm not complaining, though. It's practically impossible for someone to have a short answer survey and provide any reasonable automatic result. This *IS* an automated survey, after all. [Smile]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am exactly where Ghandi is. Except not dead!
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a bit deeper in the Lib-Left than Ghandi by a couple of degrees.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't feel like updating it right now, but here's the old version.

And here's the old thread.

Interesting that my old score was -4.08/-5.13, and my new score is -4.25/-6.31. Apparently, I've become slightly more economically liberal, and gone further into libertarian territory by even more.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes sense. Putting the Breen north of Tim's Cardassia works for me. God only knows how Omega got all the way out beyond the Romulan Empire like that, though.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh....Sol 'ol pal, you're not in Kansas anymore.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps