Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » So, um, where ARE these WMDs? (Page 29)

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  35  36  37   
Author Topic: So, um, where ARE these WMDs?
Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
And remember that an honorary degree in marxist revisionist history from Patrice Lamumba university is only good for toliet paper even in Russia now days. You are behind the times a bit. You guys are more fun than a barrel of monkeys. What a bunch of marooneys defending this loser. This wouldn't fly on Geraldo.
IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

IT'S GOOD!

(...and in the name of pinko multilateralism, a picture of an Aussie-rules umpire, because, goshdurnit, they're so bloody cool:)

You, sir, have brightened my day. We'll see if you can kick one from further out a little later on.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Yea good thing America did not cave to the Japanese and give them the oil they wanted to conquer Australia along with the rest of that part of the world. People forget who their allies were sometimes. Most Australians don't.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*boggle*

"He was not dealing with a person; he had a reflex-arc thing at the other end of the phone line."
--
Philip Dick, VALIS

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait. I have to hear this.
Mountain Man--What's your opinion on Saudi Arabia, the country where 15 of the hijackers were from?

--------------------
Meh

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

That will have to wait for another thread. And if you doubt the statement about the oil read up on just where all the oil came from back then. Can't believe they did not mention that in the history books. We simply must start a thread on the realities of world history. A clue. What made the German War machine falter at just the right time. And ask your self why the Japanese sacraficed her intire merchant fleet attempting to import oil. Oil was the key. Come on people think.Use your head for something besides a hat rack.
Mountain Man
Ex-Member

I'll give you guys time to hit the books. Please don't embarass yourselves too much. The low reguard for historical accuracy here is apalling.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I think we're all up for a history quiz.

Matching. Nice and simple. Just like Elementary School. I've got a list of historical bad guys, dictators, leaders of terrorist movements, etc. etc. (if you'd like to pull a Coulter and make the case that one or several are in fact wonderful people smeared by the organized liberal media, be my guest) and I'd like you to please match them with their main state sponsor. Obviously not an exhaustive list.

a) Augusto Pinochet, Chile, 70s-80s
b) Mobuto Sese Seko, Zaire, 70s-90s
c) The Shah, Iran, 70s
d) Pol Pot, Cambodia, 70s-80s
e) Saddam Hussein, Iraq, 80s
f) Adolfo Calero, Nicaragua, 80s
g) Manuel Noriega, Panama, 80s
h) Jonas Savimbia, Angola, 80s-90s
i) Nicolai Ceauceauscu, Romania, 80s-90s
j) Suharto, Indonesia, 60s-90s
k) House of Saud, Saudi Arabia, 30s-
l) Pervez Musharraf, Pakistan, 00s-

i. U.S.S.R.
ii. P.R.C.
iii. U.S.A.
iv. U.S.A.
v. U.S.A.
vi. U.S.A.
vii. U.S.A.
viii. U.S.A.
ix. U.S.A.
x. U.S.A.
xi. U.S.A.
xii. U.S.A.

I'd be happy to post the answers afterwards.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Hey since we gave aid to the U.S.S.R. we have either directly or indirectly given aid to every wacko on your list. I'll let you supply the details. One moment while I double check to see if you missed any. And while you fill in the details add who brought them down when the time came.Ps.did you forget Castro? really dude We have given aid to practicaly every government on this planet at one time or another. Our enemies as well as our allies.
Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Am I to take this as an excuse for supporting terrorist? Oh yeah we have also given aid to China Mao As well as Chaing and both North as well as south vietnam back when it was still Indo China. Americans fought against Franco. Fought for and against Panco Villa . there are not enough pages to list the bad choices we have made or the good ones. While you are at it add the PRC USSR UK and most other countries to almost if not all those names.Like I've never run into this crap before. Shame on you thought you had some class.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I join Simon in his *boggle*.

Somehow this thread has become a discussion of Japanese oil in World War II?

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

It wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list by any means. But I think we have established that America, like pretty much every nation, has in the past made mistakes and supported some pretty crappy people. That isn't revisionist history. What's revisionist is when you ignore your nation's own history of past foreign idiocy and instead start up with the USA! ALL TEH WAY!1! bullshit.

Want to stop terrorists? Stop arming them. Sure, they won't be as well able to blow up your enemies real good, but at least you get the assurance they won't be as well able to turn around and try to blow you up, or slaughter their own people, or any of those wonderful things that go on in this world.

Oh, the answers: (a)iii. (b)iv. (c)v. (d)ii. (e)vi. (f)vii. (g)viii. (h)ix. (i)i. (j)x. (k)xi. (l)xii.

--------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Shame on you thought you had some class.

Bad, horrible Tom. [Wink]

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's so much stuff screaming out at me from my monitor, but a quick list comprises of:

"China Mao"

Convenient name, I suppose. Good thing it wasn't made a rule, otherwise that bloke behind the videogame "Alice" would be running the US now. Although that would be interesting. "Britain Blair" sounds like the worst alter-ego Stan Lee never came up with.

"This wouldn't fly on Geraldo."

I'm tempted to post something like: "surely the ultimate in moral arbritation ever", but I think I'll stick with the following.

???

"When you have found the answer to ,how to deal with terrorist, that does not involve the extermination of said terrorist. The world will raise a pyramid in your honor."

Again, I'm tempted to go with "Well, maybe not carpet bombing countries for decades at a time while donating money to aid terrorism", but I think I'll again go with that old standby:

???!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Even though I probably shouldn't even be speaking to bad, horrible, shameful Tom, how can the House of Saud and Pervez Musharraf, be on the list? [Eek!]

The are our allies against terror aren't they? Either they are for us or against us. Isn't that the way it's supposed to go now?

Of course you know that's just sarcasm.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  35  36  37   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps