Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » CA governor recall election: Skynet take me away (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: CA governor recall election: Skynet take me away
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that was 26 years ago. B)
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's getting my vote. Seriously.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hooray for us. I may move to New Zealand or London.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...he won.
[Roll Eyes]

Now we'll be hearing lots of catchphrases from his movies used against him.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If it bleeds, we can kill it?"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice night for a poll, eh?
Your votes...give'em to me. Nao!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'll be kack."

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he's their governor now. If he screws everything up, then whose fault is that--those who voted for him on the recall. Of course, there will be mant attempts to blame the Democrats.

In my state (Wisconsin), people are beginning to organize a campaign to get our governor recalled. They are saying his veto of a property tax freeze, his expanding of gambling and his opposition to a concealed weapons bill makes him a prime target for recall.

Good Lord. [Roll Eyes]
If you hear about a campaign to get rid of Governor Jim "Gray" Doyle, that's us. Apparently, people want a Tommy Thompson-like figure back in Madison.

--------------------
Meh

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ai vant your cloaths, your boots, and your voats."
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wait till they change the Constitution to make it so Arnie can run for President...

Make a change so that people can become the President after 20 years of being a naturalized citizen.... After all, it is the only job that they can not aspire to.... for now....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
Member # 393

Actually, has the "born in the USA" rule always stood, or was it introduced more recently - and if so, what was the rationale/excuse for it?

--------------------

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Actually, has the "born in the USA" rule always stood, or was it introduced more recently - and if so, what was the rationale/excuse for it?

It's in the Constitution.

"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States." (Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5)

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Make a change so that people can become the President after 20 years of being a naturalized citizen.... After all, it is the only job that they can not aspire to.... for now....

And then, Stallone will turn to be prophetic. Yes, I mean John Spartan, actually.

ph33r.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big Republican money steals another one. I just love Republican power grabs.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:

If you mean the rule that all president-elects must sing "Born in the USA" on the steps of the Supreme Court then that's relatively recent.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps