Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » CA governor recall election: Skynet take me away (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: CA governor recall election: Skynet take me away
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big Republican money steals another one. I just love Republican power grabs.

I just love the sound of Democrats who can't stand the fact that they lost a fair election.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we vote to recall the statehood of California on account of their stupidity?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoenix: "No person except a natural born citizen-"

Hmm ok, so no in vitro fertilized persons or cloned persons, or Jesus H. Christ for that matter, can be president?

But if you claim to be simply a "natural born politician", with a confirming note from your 9th grade social studies teacher?
Are they prepared to make that distinction? Why I think not!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Hmm ok, so no in vitro fertilized persons or cloned persons, or Jesus H. Christ for that matter, can be president?

Hey, it's not my Constitution!

If Americans want to exclude clones and deities that's their business. [Smile]

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I give Ahnold two years before he's pushed into the same snakepit as Davis.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I give the Democrat-controlled CA Assembly 5 days before the obstructionism starts. And that's only because it'scoming up on the weekend.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I just love the sound of Democrats who can't stand the fact that they lost a fair election."

Oh, come on, he's not even a real Republican...

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, the economy is going to be terminated...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To pull a quote from the Reagan years...."Why not an actor....we've had a clown for four years".

Personally, it's only a matter of time before California will be known by its unofficial title of "Northern Mexico"

Then the people of California can spend $4000 a year to register their vehicles (which will of course HAVE to be all electric) to pay for all the "Social problems" that come with a welfare state mentality.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have voted for a mime if he'd run on policy. It makes my skin crawl thinking that Arnie never had to really assert, discuss or defend his concept for how the nation should be run. Everything he said was a lame joke from one of his movies and didn't tell you anything about what he planned to do about it. I mean fuck the guy's not even really interested in the political process. It's just another Hollywood deal to him. Will everyone PLEASE watch to see if the investigation into the Texan energy gouging evaporates as quickly as our sense of moral purpose? Please...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega, sweety, you have no idea what I mean.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Big Republican money steals another one. I just love Republican power grabs.

I just love the sound of Democrats who can't stand the fact that they lost a fair election.

An election so fair that a Republican spent millions of dollars slandering the Governor to sway public opinion in favor of a recall.

Wow. Pretty darn fair. [Wink]
I just hope Arnold likes the same level of "fairness" because the Democrats are certainly going to give it to him at every chance.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Then the people of California can spend $4000 a year to register their vehicles (which will of course HAVE to be all electric) to pay for all the "Social problems" that come with a welfare state mentality
As opposed to the utopia that is the US now, with little of no welfare state. Marvel at the non-existant crime rates!
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I mean fuck the guy's not even really interested in the political process.
Now I hate being the token cynic and all, but how is this different from the big media circuses and the liberal splashing of dollars and the excruciating displays of apathy toward The Issues that usually surround American (and I use this word very loosely) politics?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
big media circuses and the liberal splashing of dollars and the excruciating displays of apathy toward The Issues that usually surround American (and I use this word very loosely) politics?

Don't use it loosely, that is politics, American style....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps