Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Things May Not Be O-Kay In WMD Land (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Things May Not Be O-Kay In WMD Land
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is, isn't it? Now go away - preferably for good, but if you do feel it's necessary to come back - and read the procedings of the Hutton Enquiry.

http://www.the-hutton-inquiry.org.uk/

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
The wording of this entry escapes you. "Ready to be Deployed within 45min. of the order being given". "Ready".
How long would it take to pick up a phone and contact a ready and waiting field commander in the event of an attack? 45min. is a long time under those conditions.
That was of course before the Iraqi Government Chickened out

After that they tried to destroy as much evidence as they could.

Where exactly did the traces of weapons grade uranium come from that were found in Iran?
Where did Saddam sent his usless but expensive Russian built fighters for safe keeping during the last war? Iran.

IP: Logged
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I know that last time I refenced Sneakers no-one remembered the film, but. . .

quote:
Mother: Were you still in C.I.A. in '72?
Donald Crease: Yeah, why?
Mother: Did you know the Deputy Director of Planning was down in Managua, Nicaragua the day before the earthquake?
Donald Crease: Now what are you saying, the C.I.A. caused the Managua earthquake?
Mother: Well, I can't prove it, but...

--------------------

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Another reference to an obscure film. David Kelly said he never made the statements attributed to him. And now the BBC is backing off on some of their claims. Any comments on that.
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen Sneakers. It's not very obscure. After all, it has Robert Redford, Dan Aykroyd, Ben Kingsley, River Phoenix, Sidney Poitier, and James Earl Jones in it, among others. It was also directed by Phil Alden Robinson, who did the movies Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, and Rabbit Proof Fence, among others.

But this thread is not a debate about what films are obscure. It is a debate about WMD. It should not turn into another shouting match between MM & other members that will get it closed down by CC.

--------------------
Meh

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
As for Iran--Saddam did a pretty dumb thing giving his planes to them in '91. They kept them, in fact, at least for a while.
But that incident does not mean Saddam gave Iran his WMD's simply because inspectors found enriched uranium at an Iranian nuclear site. No, that just means Iran developed it on their own.

--------------------
Meh

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Yet Iran claims the traces of enriched uranium were there because the equipment they bought second hand from an unnamed source were contaminated. The BBCs Apology for Giligans actions should be some indication that all is not right.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They hired someone named "Giligan"?
Yeah, something's definitely not right.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Yeah I thought that was kind of funny to. This Gilligan character apparently made up alot of this stuff himself and then let everyone think that Kelly told it to him. The BBC has begun to distance itself from him and the whole deal is caving in. Damn shame about Kelly. He did nothing wrong and caught all the heat because Gilligan wanted to sell a story. http://www.guardian.co.uk./hutton/story/0,13822,1049622,00.html

[ September 27, 2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Mountain Man ]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To quote Sneakers: "I can't talk to this guy anymore."

Not you, MM.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Actualy I saw the Movie Sneakers I was not impressed,at least not to the extent some aparently were.
I would link you all to some very enlightening info on the Hutton inquiry but it would be a waste of time. The TV movie will hold your interest much better. It could be on the Fox Channel by Christmas. [Wink]

Lee
Member # 393

quote:
I would link you all to some very enlightening info on the Hutton inquiry but it would be a waste of time.
Oh, here we go again. The old "I know all this important info which proves I'm right but I'm not going to tell you because blah blah blah. . ." Christ, you're a waste of space. How about this - you go back to whining to yourself about how misrepresented your home state's (which one was it again?) been in the history books, and we'll all just ignore you. Works for me.

--------------------

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Now,Now. Lets not start Trolling Again Dr. Bashir,excuse me "Lee" if that is your real name.There will be plenty of movie refences to Iraq for you to chose from soon enough.

The Hutton Investigation is an open book. The BBCs change in tune is fairly recent but it has been made public by the same source everyone else around here seems to use most.

Look up the information yourself if you like. If not just wait for the mini-series.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should be careful when you start trying to out Lee Lee in your posts.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where did Saddam sent his usless but expensive Russian built fighters for safe keeping during the last war? Iran.
I think it was less a case of him sending them there as them running away as rapidly as possible to anywhere that didn't have Tornados trying to shoot them down.

quote:
Lets not start Trolling Again
I do hope you're trying to be funny.

quote:
Look up the information yourself if you like. If not just wait for the mini-series.
He did. That's what the link he gave you is. And whatever the hell you're blathering on about a mini-series for I don't know but if it's as inaccurate as the dossier then it ought to be very amusing.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps