Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Things May Not Be O-Kay In WMD Land (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Things May Not Be O-Kay In WMD Land
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:

If not for sly remarks and insults directed towards me this thread would have drawn little or no interest at all.

I see.
So you're an ass...to motivate us into posting.
We should be grateful, you poor misunderstood victim.

What do you do for an encore?
(Please say you'll die for our sins next)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great. So we're all part of a grand anti-American, pro-communist conspiracy to slag off MM. Of course. Now you've pointed it out to us it's so obvious; I'm so glad you're here to set us straight.

FYI, Gilligan hasn't admitted to lying in his report; he has admitted to over egging it in his first live report on Radio 5. He also said he made a "slip of the tongue" in describing kelly as "my intelligence service source", also on live radio. In the rest of that report (available on the BBC website) he did tone down his language.

quote:
Mr Gilligan was in some respects a great journalist in terms of gathering information but he lacked "nuance and subtlety" in the way the information was presented, said Mr Sambrook (BBC director of news)
Not quite the same as lying, is it? Just repeating something over and over will not make it true. Although i suppose their all commies are they? No doubt there'll be something on the web that you've read but won't link to as we wouldn't appreciate it.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, I hate to think what Mountain Troll will make of my surname. . . He'll think I'm involved in it all somehow! I must be! I have the same name as the scientist, I'm a left-wing communist anti-American, and my accent clearly indicates I'm bisexual.

Of course, I shouldn't be making such jokes given how literally Cunting Man takes everything. You'd think he'd have put the word 'sarcasm' into whatever magical search engine he uses to find all these links we don't deserve to see. I wonder what other little biographical details I can put into my posts for him to pick up on and exploit? Ah, fuck it, I'll let the little shit do a search here and see what he can find. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But...you name is "Lee"!
Surely a Son O' The South such as yourself needs to hear all about Tenn. possibly not being a confederate state or some fuckin' thing.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tennessee wasn't Confederate?! You surprise me. I'd have thought it would be. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

Bye.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps