Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Things Hitting The Fan? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Things Hitting The Fan?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When did Max Payne 2 come out?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It came out right before my Biol 330 midterm, so that would be around the ninth. This is in Canada though, I have no idea if release dates are the same everywhere.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For console releases, no, but PC releases are usually pretty much the same everywhere, I thought.

Strange.

Not that I played the first one. But I could have. And isn't that the most important thing?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got fed up with "Max Payne" after I couldn't beat the level where you run through the burning building. Though I wouldn't mind trying out MP2 just to see the Asshole Physics.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

And I always thought the "Americans are rubbish at video games and always want things to be really easy" thing was urban myth. You got fed up? With a game that can be beaten during the boring bits of 2001?

You, dear Tim, suck.

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate the meta-examination of the noir and video game genres in Max Payne 2. It is brilliant, in it's way.
WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But isn't it just way more cool for a spook to go "The names Blonde, Dumb Blonde"? And then for the Evil Genius to then tell them all their plans?

Does anyone really think that the U.S. media would EVER really kill a story in the interest of national security when it can either sell more papers/magazines or garner higher ratings? And we wonder WHY we don't get more information from the government!

If Carter hadn't released a photo of the F-117 to "PROVE" he was a defense minded president, NOBODY in Iraq would have had a clue where those bombs were coming from in the gulf war. How much more terrifying a weapon would it have been? There's a reason the Pentagon pays $240 dollars for a hammer.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps