Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Weapons of Mass Destruction: Part II (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Weapons of Mass Destruction: Part II
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yeah....
I still need to perfect the threshing though.
While wheat threshing in your mouth might be fun, and could save on chewing, threshing in your bowles would not be pleasant and could result in unwanted legal action.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
I couldn't find Bush's statements, but I found these.

Colin Powell, Oct. 2002

Very interesting.

Note:

quote:
"All we‘re interested in is getting rid of those weapons of mass destruction. We think the Iraqi people would be a lot better off with a different leader, a different regime. But the principal offense here are weapons of mass destruction," Mr. Powell said.

So, what he's saying is: "Yeah, we'd like to help Iraq, but if he gave up his weapons, then, sure, he could stay."

Actually, I'd argue that given the time it was said, this best translates as "we're still trying to build a coalition, which would undoubtedly include Arab states, and we don't want to say anything that will undoubtedly collapse it."

That is, after all, why we left the creep in power back in '91. To avoid upsetting the Arabs.

IMHO, the deaths of nearly everybody who died in Iraq between '91 and '03 are on the heads of the people who pushed for, made, and held to, the decision JUST to push Iraq out of Kuwait, and not to remove Hussein then.

Meaniing, for the most part, Saudi Arabia, Europe, the UN, Bush I, and the "doves" at War and State.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the new topic better, wheat threshing...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best solution for Iraq:
http://www.bbspot.com/politics/News/2003/10/galactic_empire.html

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a look at this.
Powell Presents

Boy, the gung-ho attitude here from just last February has sure changed since the war began! And what about those things in his speech?

I'm sorry, I just had to bring this up.

--------------------
Meh

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Wolfowitz was almost killed yesterday!
In-fucking-sane.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, and let's review the list of "suspicious" finds so far, shall we?

-March 24: "chemical factory" uncovered near Najaf: never heard from again.

-March 31: "laboratory" located in terrorist encampment near Biyare: never heard from again.

-April 5: "terror toxin barrels" found near Hindiyah: no chemical agents.

-April 11: "mobile bio-weapons laboratory" with "secret compartments" pulled over near Baghdad: ordinary cooling truck.

-April 12: warheads at Kirkuk airbase investigated: unsuited to deliver WMD payload.

-April 19: trailer captured by Kurds in north-east Iraq: false alarm.

-April 23: laboratory unearthed at pillaged storage facility near Baghdad: false alarm.

-May 10: another mobile lab found in Mosul: false alarm.

...and it goes on like that for four MORE months. So, um, where ARE these WMDs?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same place this thread needs to be, buried in the sand or in Syria....

No, really, I am willing to give them as much time as the UN teams had, although the media needs to not hype things up so....

If nothing legit is found by then I will be of a different mind, but I don't think equal time is out of order, unless one happens to be a biased ass, then a person wouldn't want equal time, for it may give the opposition time to find stuff....

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And:
Search fails to find Iraq Nuclear Program

But wait...didn't Cheney say Iraq had reconstituted its nuclear program? And it could have nuclear weapons soon?

Oh, silly me...its foolish to think we went to war because of that reason...just like the chemical weapons trailers, the UAVs, the massive sotckpiles of WMDs, and the links to al-Qaeda. The list goes on and on.

BTW, I like how we were hearing vigourous defense of our intelligence agencies before the war...people said they were the best, so they are accurate.
Now, those same people are blaming the intelligence community for failure to find WMDs...

--------------------
Meh

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

THe reason for equal time is to either find the needle in the hay stack, or to hang themselves by asking for more time than the UN had....

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roberts defends war but unsure Congress would have supported it

"Although he defended the war in Iraq, U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Pat Roberts said Saturday he is not sure Congress would have authorized force based on the evidence it now has about Saddam Hussein's efforts to obtain weapons of mass destruction."

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard they added a love scene and retooled the ending with some more explosions because the test audiences didn't think it was exciting enough.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And by leaving the baddie alive at the end, they allow for a sequel. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

They'll just add that cheesy "?" to the "The End" and piss us all off.
Lastly we'll hear Osama the Merciless' mianical laughter...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

or a Bush saying, "I'll be back." sounding like a Californian govener....

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps