Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » bah (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: bah
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The worst site on the web:

www.nra.org

followed by the second worst:

www.patriot.org

Bah.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*HISS*

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*SNARL*

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*fizzzzz*

Sorry, I opened up a can of Dr. Pepper.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an NRA keychain.

Shall I make the joke about robotic dinosaurs, since Jubilee brought it up?

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Robot: "Hey, I'm stuck up here!"
Cyclonus: "Everybody's got to be somewhere."

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me think about that, uh, no!

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an NRA member. I do not believe that I am a kill-crazy madman.

Correct me if I am wrong.

--Baloo

------------------
I'm a Dirtling and PROUD OF IT!

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ExxxxxCUSE me? ... WHEN did I bring up Robotic Dinosaurs? .. Damn memory ...

------------------
Ring this little golden bell
And see what changes with it's knell
Or Wonder, till it drives you mad...
What would have happened if you HAD.

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We Americans happen to like being able to own guns. It makes being invaded by a another country something we don't have to worry about. There is the Armed Forces, active and reserves, and then there are the citizens, who may not recognize Geneva Conventions or Laws of Armed Conflict. With all the gangbangers, rednecks and organized crime families, we are pretty must secure.
So go ahead and hiss, snarl and fizz, you look cute doing it through a rifle scope.

------------------
What do you mean I'm not kind. Just not you're kind.
--Dave Mustaine
"Peace Sells"
MEGADETH

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cargile: Please don't assume all Americans like to own guns.

I don't see why anyone should be upset about that second site. US isn't the only country with patriots. Unless there's something else on there that I didn't see on the index page.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Check the clinton page..

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To which I add this rebuttal:

http://snopes.simplenet.com/spoons/faxlore/clinton.htm

--Baloo

------------------
I'm a Dirtling and PROUD OF IT!

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am of the belief that people living in urban areas have absolutely no justifiable need to own a firearm. People who carry guns quite often end up getting themselves shot, sometimes by their own gun. The constitutional amendment in the US to give everyone a right to own a firearm may have been nice back in the frontier days when you needed to defend yourself and you lived literally in the middle of nowhere, but today it has become nothing more than a sick joke on the American people.

Cargile: Americans themselves kill more of each other than any foreign army could every hope to do. The only place where that kind of argument has ever made sense was in Switzerland, where people recieve the proper training and (I'm generalizing here) have a good deal more common sense than I have seen in many people south of the 49th parallel.

As far as I'm concerned, the NRA might just as well be a terrorist organization, since the effect of what they argue for is pretty much the same (although my intent here is to criticize the organization, not it's members).

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anti-Firearm legislation is currently on the way in Canada (I wish it was here sooner). I don't know the exact specifics, but I do know the following: that you are required to obtain a permit to use a gun (or use this gun, I'm not sure). As well, people with criminal records will find it harder to obtain a firearm. Finally, some weapons are banned here in Canada.

I support it 100%. I feel that there is too much access to firearms in this world. Too many innocent people are being killed by those who abuse their right to a firearm. This legislation will reduce the possibilities of criminals obtaining any sort of firearm.

So you oppose of this huh? What's wrong with going to a government office and obtaining a piece of paper which will allow you to use a firearm? So you are a law abiding citizen? NOT TO WORRY.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That so, Tahna? Good...heheheh...Guess we Americans will have to finish our job that we started back during the War of 1812...Invasion of Canada! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Just kidding, of course, I have nothing against my Canadian neighbors.

Chimerea, If you outlaw guns, then only outlaws will have them. We Americans have always the right to bear arms, and that can't be taken away any more. Besides, I like the fact that I can own a gun(even if I don't).

------------------
"Bickering is pointless." - Spock, Miri
"I'm real easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies, and I don't like threats." - Janeway, State of Flux

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps