Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Ten Reasons to Fire George W. Bush...

Author Topic: Ten Reasons to Fire George W. Bush...
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and nine reasons why Kerry won't be much better.

http://www.reason.com/links/links071304.shtml

I came across this article in this month's Reason Magazine, although this online version has hyperlinks the print version doesn't (obviously). Sometimes I get annoyed with over-hyperlinking because you get distracted with other articles and lose track of what you're reading about in the first place. But they are informative in any case.

I laughed at the description of Kerry as a "sanctimonious statist blowhard."

I've turned into a real swing voter in recent times. Just yesterday I was reading an article in BusinessWeek about Bush's "Ownership Society", which, while not perfect, almost makes me want to vote for him. Almost. And then I read Reason and I learned deeply what it's like to have to choose the lesser of two evils.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes you sick doesn't it? Kerry doesn't support gay marriages but he's definately not Bush so the LGBT community is behind Kerry.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"[Kerry] voted for the war in Iraq..."

Y'know, no matter how often people keep saying that, it's not going to be come any less false.

No-one in Congress voted for or against the Iraq war. They voted to give Bush the authority to use the military there if necessary. Bush was the one who abused that authority.

Imagine this: A friend comes to you and asks to borrow a gun. They say they might need it for defensive purposes. And let's say your friend was recently attacked, and so you feel inclined to help out. So you give your friend the gun, and they immediately go out and start shooting people with it, unprovoked. Now, should you really e accused of having approved of your friend's actions, just because you gave them a weapon and trusted them not to misuse it?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...he's also got problems that Bush doesn't have, like his support for stricter gun controls."

Isn't that like saying "he has problems Bush doesn't have, like being a Democrat"?

"Kerry doesn't support gay marriages..."

Doesn't this fall under his not legislating his religious beliefs, like with abortion?

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a Libertarian magazine, hence the position against stricter gun control.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Isn't that like saying "he has problems Bush doesn't have, like being a Democrat"?
This was essentially Zell Miller's argument.

Along similar lines: McSweeney's "Daily Reasons to Dispatch Bush.

(I've read, well, none of these, so I'm not vouching for the validity of any particular reason.)

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
5. Patriot and its progeny.
My wife and I are buying a new house. We had to sign a form, apparently called for in the Patriot Act, and required as part of the loan process, in which we essentially certified that we were not going to use the transaction to launder money to aid terrorists.

Link

Link

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"This was essentially Zell Miller's argument."

I thought Zell Miller's arguement was "elect the crap out of George Bush or I'll fucking bite you".

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps