Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » 2004 Election Voting Machine (Page 1)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: 2004 Election Voting Machine
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess the balance of power needs to be kept even, as most of the US (and the world) seems to support Kerry.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/misc/Voting_Machine.wmv

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, didn't anyone find this funny? Everyone in my office liked it and I haven't seen it posted in any of the other election-threads.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found it very funny. So did my mom. But then no one else wrote me back. I have no friends. Or life.
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That has been doing the rounds on the office emails all around the place. Very funny.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw something very similar 4 years ago, except it was trying to get you to vote for Gore.

And where do you get the idea that most of the US supports Kerry? Every single poll here has it close enough to be dead even.

B.J.

lennier1
Member # 1309

- posted      Profile for lennier1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The polls are pretty close but if W won�t win his friends at Supreme Court will lend him a helping hand like they did the last time.
The decisive weight will probably be Florida again. And we all know who�s in command there. But of course the last time it was only a coincidence as it will be this time.

--------------------
SFM Instructor

Nim
Member # 205

Well the last poll I read about was just after the last debate, but I've realized Bushie's been gaining since then.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lennier1:
The polls are pretty close but if W won�t win his friends at Supreme Court will lend him a helping hand like they did the last time.

Let me see if I remember this correctly. The news media called Florida a "Gorry State" before more than 25% of the precincts were in. THEN it turned out to be a Bush state by a narrow margin. The Demonrats then decide to challenge the vote count in ONLY THREE COUNTIES that are VASTLY idiotic...I mean democratic minded. Even with the hand recounts and the attempts to "determine the voting intent of the punch cards" they STILL couldn't CREATE enough votes to takeover. They therefore resort to accusing Bush of "stealing" the election. Wasn't that EXACTLY what THEY were attempting? If they were truly concerned about Florida's vote they would have wanted a recount of the WHOLE state.

Besides, I truly believe that if you are not competent enough punch a whole through a card that you SHOULDN'T even HAVE the right to vote.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny how you never hear Democrats talking about whether or not people have the right to vote.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Democrats tried to have all overseas ballots thrown out in Florida.

Complaints about the 2000 election in Florida are just stupid by this point. Every official count of votes ever done by any set of criteria resulted in Bush winning. The only reason that wasn't declared to begin with was because the Supreme Court of Florida tried to rewrite election law. All the SCOTUS did was tell said court to knock it off and do their job. Yes, that resulted in a confirmed Bush victory, but... he won anyway. And that's without the estimated 5,000 vote margin he would have gotten from the panhandle if the state hadn't been called early.

By every measure of law and rationality based on available information*, Bush won in Florida. Deal with it.

*Note that an unknown number of people who should have been able to vote were not allowed to, and an unknown number of people who were convicted felons were still allowed to vote, but estimates of how this would balance out are vague to the point of uselessness.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Every single poll here has it close enough to be dead even."

1. Polls mean little.

2. An unhealthy number of the major polling companies have been shown to be biasing their results toward Republicans.

Nim
Member # 205

Would you care to give us a figure?

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Democrats tried to have all overseas ballots thrown out in Florida.
But that, as you say, was last time and no-one's allowed to mention that election anymore. But I haven't heard any Democrats saying that anyone abroad shouldn't be allowed to vote this time. I've heard plenty of Republicans saying that foreigners like me aren't allowed to have opinions about other coutries' governments. Yup, they're allowed to have an opinion on who should govern Iraq, but I'm not allowed to have an opinion on who should govern the US. I shouldn't have that opinion at all, let alone express it on the internet, or write a letter to someone in Ohio about it.

And another thing. . . I keep hearing all this "Forget the 2000 election! It was three years ago! Get over it! Move on!" Well, funny thing, we just had the third anniversary of another event yet there seems to be no statute of limitations on that one.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: what Omega said....no.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee, you said it was funny how Democrats never said anything along the lines of people not having a right to vote. I pointed out a rather major instance of that being false. That's all. You can talk about the 2000 election all you want, and you're welcome to hold and express whatever opinion suits you. My only point is that Bush won Florida by any legal measure. If anyone has a good argument to the contrary, please, do tell.

Well, actually, another point would be that an election is hardly comparable to 3,500 civilian deaths in a single attack.

BTW, Jay, you do realize that every post you make takes some degree of electricity, right? You're contributing to the heat death of the universe. Maybe you should post something that actually, I don't know, has content? Think of the entropy!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps