Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Arafat: Dead? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Arafat: Dead?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's dead now.

*runs away from this incredibly weird thread*

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...what's sickening is that EVERY news sation is treating him like some sort great leader. [Wink]

Only BBC offered a complete telling of what's known og his life: both his pitfalls and startyliing comebacks.
Man, he sure lost a lot of face when he backed Saddam in the first Gulf War.

Any effectivness he once had at leading his people vanished after he rejected Clinton's big peace proposals in washington and he was just a prisoner since then.

Amazingly, no one's come forward to say what a scumbag he really was: they're revering him as a "hero to arabs everywhere". [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also heard Bush's take on the situation, in that press conference with Blair, today?

Bush really sounded like he spoke through clenched teeth when acknowledging Yassir's worth to the Palestinians.
When he said "Palestine has lost one of their great leaders and will go through a time of mourning now" he stared down, on his shoes almost.
Then he said they were going to put more effort in the peace talks.
I don't know if he truly meant it or simply paid lip service because everyone and their mother is saying "what a great time this would be for new peacetalks!", but obviously he can afford to be more generous now.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone involved in the many failed peace processes (it seems) really looks at this as more an chance for peace than a real tragedy.
Whoever can broker a peace now is grabbing the brass ring of popularity in the region and everyone wants in.
I would;nt be a bit suprised to see CLinton offer his name to a plan (along with his forme advisors that *nearly* pulled off the last one).

Sharon's adminsiatration has been pretty damn restrained during all this: gotta give them credit there.
A lot of violence that would have been retaliated against a week ago has been walked away from this week by Israli military.
No bombings yet though: thanks whatever gods you'd like for that.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Captain from M.I.K.E.:
He doesn't know whether he's dead or alive.. he doesn't know whether he's Virgo or Leo.

Can we really tolerate this kind of "wishy-washiness" in the leaders of the world?

"Indeterminate leadership for a quantum age" is going to be my campaign slogan.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the old Heisenberg campaign, eh?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Someone on the radio today mentioned how Arafat looked like a really old Ringo Star.

It's creepy, but....true.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The question is, what did he look like without his headscarf?

--------------------
Meh

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An old Ringo Starr with salt-and-pepper stubble.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
The question is, what did he look like without his headscarf?

He would still have had on his tinfoil beannie to keep out Mossad's mind reading.... [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps