Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » TOS 1701 Part of TNS BSG RagTag Fleet (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: TOS 1701 Part of TNS BSG RagTag Fleet
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check it out:  -

I was doing ScreenCaps to send to StarshipBuilder.com - and anyone else who might want them, just shoot me an email! - and noticed that at the closing of the Miniseries, there were two Colonial Movers ships in the RTF when we get our first glimpse of Galactica w/the RTF. So, I got curious to see what all was out there lurking w/in the confines of the RTF and noticed the above. I used Adobe Photo Deluxe Business Edition 1.0 that I picked up some years ago to first crop a section that looked sort of like a TOS Constitution, then enlarge it and play around w/the hue & contrast a bit. What I got was the above image.

A look at the "raw" image that one of the fellas at the Starship Modeler Forums posted: http://www.freephoto-i.net/displayimage.php?album=525&pos=163

Wonder what else those folks at Zoic Studios thru in to the background of the RTF? We got to see Serenity from "Firefly" in the Miniseries as it comes in for a landing in the scene where Roslin learns she's got breast cancer. Think there's another Firefly-class transport lurking in the RTF? [Smile]

It's verified by one of the guys from Zoic Studios in this thread at StarshipBuilder.com. Guy's name is Lee Stringer and he says in that post that, not only are there some other ships in the RTF that we don't normally see, but that he's been waiting over two years for someone to catch that! I'm pretty chuffed right now, lemmetellya! [Big Grin]

Yeah... I'm a geek.... [Embarrassed] [Roll Eyes]

I thought I'd seen it on the DVD set that a friend of mine burned for me back in February, but wasn't really sure. I figured at that time that it was just an artifact of the copy and was seeing a mis-perceived image (or however that should be properly worded). My greatest fear when I posted this thread was that someone'd pop up and say "You're just now seein' this? We've known about that for a while now!" [Eek!]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... interesting that they actually threw that in there. I wonder if there's a USS Voyager lurking around or a Klingon on their tail...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like the ringship (of sorts) as well.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work!

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet!
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to get a sceenie of the Serenity in the first ep... i never noticed that before and dont have the DVDs yet.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See a FireFly fly by, see a flyby by a FireFly.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What episode is that from?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's from the Miniseries. It's the scene where we first meet Laura Roslin when she's in the doctor's office and gets the news about her cancer.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Firefly)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, look,everyone! Simon's hugging Firefly! Aww. Solly and Firefly sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it is supposed to be a nerdy spelling correction, but I'm not sure if that really reflects any better on me.
Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IT IS A COMPOUND PROPER NOUN IT MUST BE CAMELCASED YOUR STYLE IS WRONG
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, like the NetherLands? Is that what you're saying, CartMan?
Cartman
Member # 256

When I am elected dictator, the first thing I will do is issue a law that forces people to spell the country's name precisely like that, and grants me the right to personally break the fingers of anyone who transgresses it. Twice.

CamelCase. Shall. Prevail.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps