Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Grooming (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Grooming
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is what I would have said if I had to take this test in high school.

#1: Disagree. There are circumstances when the death of one is required to save the lives of innocents.

#2: I'm torn on that one. Since most politicians may do what's best for the state, They also have thier own personal agendas that in the long run may or may not be benificial to the people.

#3: Agree. If a politician does something wrong, then they should lose thier job, just like the pizza boy who f*cks the order. If the politician is keeping power through force or the fear of force, or refusing to relinquish that power, then they should be removed by whatever means neccessary.

#4: Agree. Ceasar, Napoleon, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Hussien. Perfect examples of power = corruption.

#5: Disagree. The laws are there in the first place for the "good of the country". Bending the rules i can live with. But breaking them all together is something no one should be allowed to do, not even the leader of that country.

#6: Agree. Ones ideals and beliefs are really the only thing we have nowadays that we can truly call "ours". I'm speaking of course of ones own personal moral code and ethics, not of religious or political beliefs.

#7: Disagree. Blind loyalty is destructive. Blind loyalty is what started both world wars. Blind loyalty is what is driving people to strap bombs to thier bodies. Loyalty is all well and good. But if it blinds you to the fact that your leader may not be working in your best interests or may even be working to bring pain and suffering to others then your no better than he is.

#8: This one i'm also torn between. I believe that no political or religious cause is worth dying (or killing) for. But Dying to protect others from harm is a cause I would die for. especially if it were a loved one being threatened with harm.

#9: Agree. There's a fine line between rational fear and abject cowardice. If your too afraid to stand up for what you believe in, then you have no right believing in it.

#10: Disagree. a persons good deeds are still remembered.It's just that people seem to like bringing up the evil deeds more often. Even Hitler did some good. In the years following the first world war Germanies economy was in ruins. The German government printed billions in D-marks to pay for reparations fro mthe first world war. Guess what happened to the exchange rate for those billions of fresh crisp D-marks? The exchange rate crashed to the point where they were literally burning D-marks to heat thier homes. It took about a wheelbarrow full to buy a loaf of bread. It was practically a third world country from an economic standpoint. They had all this money, but it wasn't even worth the paper it was printed on. Hitler rejuvinated the economy and made Germany into a prosperous nation. He just went on to use that prosperity to further his own evil agenda.

If I had taken this test in high school. my answeres probably would have labelled me as "un-Canadian". This test is generic enough to work well in just about any country. When in reality I'm really more anti-political in my views. I dislike politics, and I dislike politicians. I especially hate politicians who spend all thier time bickering and pussy-footing around problems important to the people while they're sitting in thier big offices squandering tax money on "business" trips. For those who don't live in Canada there's been quite an outrage over our politicians use of federal funds over that last few years. I'm no expert on the current political situation since i tend to skip the news columns concerning it.

Anyways, there's my weekely rant. Enjoy!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, the letters at the side could just be the most popular answer of the results that were attained, and might just be there to allow the university student to compare the results for his thesis on the nature of patriotism in today's children.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or it could be c omplete ands utter bulshit as nothing I've seen on the AP/CNN/my Shining Trapezohedron has mentioned such a provocative story.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason, you're one of those people who don't believe there was anyone behind the grassy knoll, and think that all the similarities between Lincoln and Kennedy were NOT in fact evidence of supernatural intervention, aren't you?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason WAS on the grassy knoll.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that was Kenedy himself (from an alternate timeline) on the knoll. Don't tell me you never watched Red Dwarf.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It had to have been the russians who killed Kennedy. It was the Cold War who else would have done it? Certainly not us Canadians. Nope. *Whistles Innocently*

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was the Spanish.

Nobody expects the Spanish.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
Jason WAS on the grassy knoll.

Jackie killed Kennedy- there was a derringer built into her hat.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! You've all bought the offical line! There was no knoll. It was Tim.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you saying Tim had disguised himself as the grassy knoll?

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A grassy mountain, at the very least.

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
... and think that all the similarities between Lincoln and Kennedy were NOT in fact evidence of supernatural intervention, aren't you?

Aren't those similarities mainly complete bollocks?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. Those similarities are entirely complete bollocks.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, both were fucking Marylin Monroe.
You cant dent that!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I deny everything.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps