Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Freedom of Expression

Author Topic: Freedom of Expression
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THIS seems ironic. So the Danes published cartoons about Mo, and of course the proper response is.... a cartoon attack on the Jews? The sad thing was the quote from the artist that because the president said the Holocaust was a myth that she now had doubts about it. And we bash Republicans?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly is the connection between the cartoons and Republican bashing?

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was in the news months ago. It's Iran, it's hardly surprising that this is regarded as a proper response. After all, the Jew is evil and the Zionist-crusader state of Israel must be destroyed at all costs, etc, etc.

Sometimes it's hard to believe all we godless infidels don't embrace the Islamic Republic as our true friends. They're so warm and cuddly.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay the Obscure:
What exactly is the connection between the cartoons and Republican bashing?

Um....the whole: "Prez says, I bewieves...uh-huh-huh-huh" angle.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps