Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » New education methods (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New education methods
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nix, your statement is confusing at best. You said you thought early teens, but you say that's too young..? Then you estimate the age at twelve or thirteen, which is early teens. Technically, early teens would be thirteen-fourteen, as twelve is not a teen. [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
You know the other day on the news they showed "the wall" they were supposedly building along the border. Looks like it was made by the same people the government is trying to keep out, illegal immigrants.

Sounds like they took some advice from Carlos Mencia!

Foreman: "Looks good on this side, how's it look on the other side?"
Wetback: "Let me take a look. Hey! He locked the gate behind us!"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris, but 14 or 15 would toss him in to the 9th grade, or high school, which is still early teens, but a crappily written paper wouldn't be all that accpeted in high school, but may be in junior high.

This is barring getting held back in any other grade(s).

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I said "early teens" I meant fourteen or so. But that seemed too old for the paper, so I had to go with a younger estimate : 12-13.

However, in order to lay the matter to rest, I went ahead and looked up his library card in the system, and it turns out he's fifteen. So : wow.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrong, TSN; So WoW.

So WoW it hurts.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curse you, video games, for corrupting the minds of our youth!
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leeroy Jenkins 2008.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Coming in to things late and rushing into battle without waiting for a plan? I thought he was already president?
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. Leeroy has redeeming qualities.

And he has chicken.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would trust Jenkins further than I could throw him.

I'm glad Sweden has never had problems like this, regarding educational ethics (unless we go back to the fifties and our "Institute of racial biology"), we've never had that morning flag thingy either, but I do remember reading a social sciences book in 1993 (8th grade), where scientology was listed as a fullworthy branch of christianity, after catholicism and Eastern orthodoxism.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps