Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Republican Internet Predator! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Republican Internet Predator!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWWW Yeah.

It's rewarding to see Florida's elected leaders show themselves as the total hypocrites they are.

My favorite part:
quote:
Foley was part of the Republican leadership, holding the post of deputy whip. He also chaired the Congressional Missing and Exploited Children's Caucus and was a member of the powerful House Ways and Means Committee.
What's even more funny is that Foley's name will remain on the ballot for the elections- if re-elected (I'd die laughing!), an as-of-yet-unnamed republican would hold the office in his stead rather than sede his seat to a Democrat.

Now the Republicans can be said to have a culture of corruption, lies and online pedophillia.
Yet, their motto is still "Stay the Course". [Wink]

Somehow, I doubt Foley will be required to register as an online sex offender...though anyone else surely would have to.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except, when you read the e-mails, they are basically just weird, not sexually creepy. Or at least the one or two I read the other day were.

(In a summary I read somewhere.)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's stuff about him asking the page to get undressed, does he turn the page on, etc, that would land any citizen e-mailing a person he knows to be a minor in jail (or at the very least on some list of predators).

The fact that he oversees the comittee to protect children from online predators and prevent their exploitation is what makes this a big story.
He's also given many speaches on morality and "family values".

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps too summary, then.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Prahaps it will be one less Republican seat, is my hope.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The e-mails he sent to the kid who came forward were just creepy. Since then, they uncovered some other e-mails and IMs he exchanged with other underage pages asking them to undress and whether he makes them horny, etc.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Amazing is that no one is pressing Republican leadership for their role in allowing this to continue: they've said several times that last December Foley was told to "knock it off"- as though they did the right thing with such a harsh talking to...
quote:
The lawmaker who oversees the page program, Rep. John Shimkus, a Republican from Illinois, said that he learned about Foley's e-mails in late 2005 and "took immediate action to investigate the matter."
It's coming to light that the "investigation" was to take Foley at his word that it was over and not interview anyone.

Imagine for a moment the Republican's reaction if this were a Democrat caught doing this crap- they'd call for the removal of anyone that knew about it beforehand.
Bet on it- they'd have their Christian Coallition pals handle the pressure and protest side of it, and FOX News would do the rest.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kid was 16. Old enough to make his own decisions. As I recall, at least one set of parents was fine with it.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Idontlikeusernames
Member # 1925

- posted      Profile for Idontlikeusernames     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is nothing compared to this:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=2202895

The Netherlands has judicially sanctioned the establishment of a Pedophile political party.

Besides from the age of the kid I'd say rep. Fowley is actually a homosexual man who just likes his partners as young as possible.
In some European countries (such as Belgium and the Netherlands) the age of consent is indeed sixteen years of age while the Japanese constitution establishes the age of consent at thirteen years (although to be fair most prefectures have their own set of laws governing what they consider to be illegal sexual acts that effectively raise the age limit).

--------------------
condemnant quod non intellegunt

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Amazing is that no one is pressing Republican leadership for their role in allowing this to continue..."

Except, maybe, that whole Ethics Committee investigation. The Democrats in Congres today may be mostly buffoons, but they aren't quite 100% incompetent.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, no one (reported) at the time of the posting, anyway.
It's gaining a little headway now, but allready Hastert is rallying his spin forces to say that the poor Republians were just betrayed and duped by this crafty scoundrel- overlooking their complete lack of any investigation last December when they first learned about this.

There's also the matter of who leaked ABC the information- that party was also "in the know", and (supposedly) the FBI is now involved (though it seems to be mostly show from what I've read).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Much more fun today!
Foley's lawyer announced a few "shocking" revalations to the assembled press today-

First, that Foley was (allegedly) molested himself by a member of the clergy as a boy.
(but that he's not useing it as an excuse for his actions...really!)

Second is that he's gay (as though we could not figure that out, or that it in any way pertains to the age of his online pals).

Also, Foley's lawyer insists that Foley is not a pedophile, but if so, it's sure not for want of trying. [Big Grin]

Lastly, that this poor victim is in booze-rehab and wont available for interviews or questioning "for at least a month and that his sudden relocation-to-private-rehab is (ha!) in no way a strategic move, but is a "life choice" (whatever that means).
Amazing that he'll be unavailable untill after the elections.

On to the good stuff: Hastert is on the ropes- the highly conservative The Washington Times called for his resignation in today's edition.
Hastert has claimed he "cant remember" if he heard about any explicit E-Mails before the story broke.
Funny, you'd think that one would recall such a thing. [Wink]

Republicans are crying that it's the Democrats that have waited to spring this story near election time (even as the Republicans tried so hard to cover it up) and that the Democrats should bear responsibiity for anyone abused by Foley while they waited to spring the story......yeah.
No one's buying it though.

Awww yeah...this...this right here is why I love south Florida and it's inevitible scandals and backstabbing politics.
I cant recall when I've laughed harder at the news than watching the republicans bounce between condemning Foley and trying to both support and condemn Hastert (just in case, you understand).

Strangely, some of the critics of Clinton's sexual encounter have yet to chime in against Foley- prahaps they've made a "life choice" not to judge anymore.

The press and the Republicans are circling like sharks smelling blood and the White House is...insane.
Bush announced today that Democrats shouldn't be trusted to run Congress!!!
Holy fuck- what planet is he calling from?

The FBI announced that it's investigation focuses on "verifying the validity of the E-Mails".
Sounds like they're trying to disprove them instead of investigate them. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's not a pedophile any more than I am, or you are. The idea of prepubescent children does not arouse him.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, you know more than anyone how the LAW percieves such things- what sort of legal ramifications do you think he should recieve?
After all, he passed some of that legislation himself.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Member # 343

What exactly did he do wrong again? He talked dirty to some teens. OK, so it creeped a couple out, but as I remember, a couple weren't.

So...we charge him with what? Intent to corrupt a minor? Shit, we'd have to lock up almost every hetero male ever for THAT one.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps