Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Silence in the woods

Author Topic: Silence in the woods
Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a recent US News and World Report, the magazine had an article about depression. This illness is experienced by 30 million Americans-this is the known number. The major factor for many of these people is the lack of a social network. I fear that as our society progresses (grocery shopping-dating service-education-home maintenance-communication-etc on computer) that more and more people will feel isolated. When people are isolated, they ferment in their emotions and these emotions can become acts of violence or acts of depression, then suicide. I can't change the progression. However, I feel that we will witnessing more acts of violence on the news-a school shooting, a church shooting, etc. Maybe, the thing Pres. Clinton fears, there will be a civil war. The haves, with their computers, will have "power" over the economy, the politics, and the rules of society. Those who do not benefit will fight for the possessions of the haves. I am disturbed when my own mother says that she got the internet so she could feel she is a have. She doesn't use the internet.

IP: Logged
Jordan
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Bi Polar (Manic-Depressive), so I know that's true to a degree.

J.

------------------
Goodnight my love...the brightest star in my sky...

Goodnight...you have been my sky, my sun and my moon...

IP: Logged
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

It's true. I am depressed. I have been since I was about 10 years old. But hey, what do I do about it? *shrugs*

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

It's true. I am depressed. I have been since I was about 10 years old. But hey, what do I do about it? *shrugs*

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.