Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » FEMA from one who was employed there since its creation

Author Topic: FEMA from one who was employed there since its creation
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A spiritual mailing list I belong to had some recent discussions about Bush/Iraq/911/Katrina. Someone who used to work for FEMA chimed in, and another guy asked him about his experiences under the Bush administration. I felt it was worth sharing.

Below is his answer to these questions:
1) Provide any details, anecdotal though they will likely be, of what you were requested to do w/in the spectrum of 'illegal' to 'immoral' post 9.11? I'm sure it could be very illuminating & no doubt many here would be grateful, me not least of all.

2) Are there any things you were requested to do which you cannot report?

3) If so, are you constrained by personal oaths, fear of reprisal or any combination therein?

quote:

Hi Mark

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for asking the questions. My work was very much on the Classified site of the business. I can't reveal anything related to that element of my work. No fear of reprisals. Just a long term of incarceration in Levenworth!! When I retired, I had to sign a non-disclosure document as I was privy to matters of National Security. In the rest of my response to your questions, I included a non-classified situation I encountered after 911.

I can relay this unclassified experience. Under Clinton, the USA entered many Agreements with nations around the world to assist them with their development of a Civilian Emergency Management system. To some degree, they were Partnership agreements. One was with the Government of Argentina.

Argentina paid $400,000 in real hard American Greenbacks in exchange for FEMA sending a team of multi-skilled experts (the level of these FEMA folks was that even the Supreme Court would accept them as Expert Witnesses) to Argentina to help them write enabling laws to move from a Civilian Support to Military Authorities to a Military Support to Civilian Authorities nation.

In came Shrubby..... and the President of Argentina said something personally offensive" to Dictator Bush. I was immediately ORDERED to lie about why FEMA was not going to honor the formal agreement - signed by the US Secretary of State and his counterpart in Argentina. Not only that, I was to make up some reason why the US was not going to return the money paid by Argentina for this assistance with a caveat that if Argentina has a Coup and the President goes, the President will rethink his position. We stole Agentina's money and they were in a financial crisis. No one employed in their government had been paid a salary for over 6 months at that time and our greedy, vengeful, spiteful Bush-Cheney crowd wouldn't give them either the service they paid for or return their payment. What kind of International Diplomacy is that????? What kind of Ethics? Morality? Legality?

Needless to say - I disobeyed my orders and told my contact exactly what was going on.

That's one example.....

Daily, the Administration lied to everyone, The public, the international community, and expected the staff to back them immediately after 911 (and sadly before 911). I was asked to use my contacts to get an expert forensic team of dentists together from Canada. When I did so, I was then told that the President decided neither they nor any other nation that the Office of International Affairs was instructed to contact for support (all countries, who had citizens die in the Twin Towers, were going to be used for assistance. I was given a script to follow, which was a bold face lie to tell to the Canadians not to come. I couldn't do it.

So, I broke the rules, unbeknownst to FEMA, and called my contacts in the Mayors office in NYC. I also told my Canadian counterpart the truth. Lies beget lies and my credibility was on the line, so I got the Canadian team an invitation to come and help from the City of New York and bypassed the embargo Bush put on international help -- after first requesting it.

And so on.......

Hope this helps to shed some light on what this Administration is like.

One last share - reprisals - of a sort - After saying no to the orders I was receiving, in 2002, I was summarily transferred to be the Special Assistant to FEMA's Director of Training where I stayed (with NO ASSIGNMENTS and on full pay status) until my retirement was effective 8 months later. Of course, I continued to be a non-official contact with the same people I worked with on the international front and the Administration was unaware of this behind the scenes activity. I did it because it was right and FEMA refused to replace me leaving a huge void between the US and the areas of the world I worked with for years. I believe in serving the public for the good of the public and that's how I operated for all my years in the Federal Government.

You might be interested in knowing that:

My Life Task Phrase is: To create, nurture and sustain safe spaces, and sanctuaries" for those in need of such physical, mental, emotional, and/or spiritual shelter, especially in times of "crisis" or "emergency". To educate and instruct others to do the same, and to act as a "guardian" of the spiritual truth and wisdom found "within".

Best always,

Whillo

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're ALIVE?

Well, nice to hear from you again..... [Wink]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, you can send mail by spirit? Cool!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps