Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Things You Should Watch

Author Topic: Things You Should Watch
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frontline aired a program called "The Lost Year In Iraq" which lays out in detail the problems caused by the mistakes the made by the Bush administration after the cessation of combat because they failed to plan for the peace.

Go, watch now, I'll wait.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, go watch this Keith Olbermann piece on habeas corpus.

quote:
oday, 135 years to the day after the last American President (Ulysses S. Grant) suspended habeas corpus, President Bush signed into law the Military Commissions Act of 2006. At its worst, the legislation allows President Bush or Donald Rumsfeld to declare anyone � US citizen or not � an enemy combatant, lock them up and throw away the key without a chance to prove their innocence in a court of law. In other words, every thing the Founding Fathers fought the British empire to free themselves of was reversed and nullified with the stroke of a pen, all under the guise of the War on Terror.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Frontline but stopped watch9ing it this season as it makes me violently angry to see all the blatantly immoral, illegal and just fucking wrong shit our government is doing...and that no one else is even reporting on!

Geez Jay, I used to think your sig-line was a tad extreme, now I think it's too tame.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
reversed and nullified with the stroke of a pen
UNN-LIMIHED...POOOOOWAAAAAH!!
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Watch Mr. Bush not tell the truth.

Via Americablog watch at Think Progress.

And for you people who like transcripts, go here

quote:
STEPHANOPOULOS: Exactly what I wanted to ask you about, because James Baker said that he's looking for something between cut and run�

BUSH: Cut and run and.

STEPHANOPOULOS: � and stay the course.

BUSH: Well, listen, we've never been stay the course, George. We have been � we will complete the mission, we will do our job and help achieve the goal, but we're constantly adjusting the tactics, constantly.

Think Progress lists the times Mr. Bush said we were going to "stay the course."

quote:
BUSH: We will stay the course. [8/30/06]

BUSH: We will stay the course, we will complete the job in Iraq. [8/4/05]

BUSH: We will stay the course until the job is done, Steve. And the temptation is to try to get the President or somebody to put a timetable on the definition of getting the job done. We�re just going to stay the course. [12/15/03]

BUSH: And my message today to those in Iraq is: We�ll stay the course. [4/13/04]

BUSH: And that�s why we�re going to stay the course in Iraq. And that�s why when we say something in Iraq, we�re going to do it. [4/16/04]

BUSH: And so we�ve got tough action in Iraq. But we will stay the course. [4/5/04]

Imagine that, Mr. Bush didn't tell the truth about something.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's how he stay's the course.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Keith Olberman on Mr. Bush staying the course.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Dont tell me you missed Cheney's radio faux pas- that waterboarding was allright.
Er...excuse me- he actually said that "dunking" was fine as long as there was information to be gained.
The same interview he laments how the "liberals" are calling him "pro-torture".
Tony Snow has been scrambling lately to re-word everything his bosses are saying on a daily basis.

Poor guy's gonna develop high blood-pressure.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Go watch Keith Olbermann on this John Kerry joke kerfuffle.

Bush owes troops an apology, not Kerry

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

If you've never heard of the 101st Fighting Keyboarders, it's a phrase that some liberal bloggers have come to use to describe some conservative bloggers who vociferously support the war via blogging.

However, they refuse to sign up and physically support the war with their warm body in a uniform.

Well, here is a bit of a video presentation on them called "War of the Words".

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.