Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » It's Jihad, Charlie Brown!

Author Topic: It's Jihad, Charlie Brown!
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://sixmeatbuffet.com/archives/2006/10/28/its-jihad-charlie-brown/

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... it had everything to offend Muslims, Peanuts fans, and homosexuals all rolled into one show.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:::blinks::: Where does it hate fags? I must've missed that bit.

Oh wait. Was it blowing up the play? Or the bad fashion?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose it may have something to do with the general assumption that Marcie is gay. Although, I suspect her use in the cartoon was based more on her appearance than her sexual habits.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the voice of Allah.

I saw the Kwanzaa peanuts parody first, though.

Lucy: "That Charlie Brown is one trippin' curb-feeler!"
C.B: "Hear me out before I slap the black off y'all."

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the bomb didn't go off and he did his "I can't stand it" routine, I think I had an aneurysm. I hope the makers of this clip realize the danger of such effective comedy!
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't THAT funny...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Racially offensive humor is the trump suit for me.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd like the Kentuchy Fried Movie then.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I's share this!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I's share this!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, lookit that shapely thing.
I'd love to see a painting of God during his "wrist curl" period (probably some time around the fall of Jericho).

*Gabriel flaps around a cloud*
God: "999...1000! Ah, hey there, I was just sitting here sculpting my guns!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You really did not want to know him back then- yeah, he was ripped, but he had these mood swings...and he was always really angry.
He broke out a lot too.

It all led to the other dieties banning him from the Mr. Universe competition- God was all "But I made the universe!" and the other gods were all "yeah, and we just stood around...asshole".
Every since, it's been "and worship no other god" for the followers...it's all just so immature, really.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps