Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Evangelicals lead the way...! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Evangelicals lead the way...!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way to snort Meth while banging your gay hooker, that is.

quote:
Haggard stepped down as president of the 30 million-member association Thursday and also gave up leadership of his 14,000-member New Life Church pending the investigation into allegations he had sex with Jones over the past three years.
This "family values" preacher had expounded on the evils of homosexuality, drugs corrupting our youth and of course, he's a devout Republican....reportedly on the phone lending advice to President Bush or his staff on a weekly basis.

Hey, I found something fun!
 -

[ November 03, 2006, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Jason Abbadon ]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seen it. It's funny, to be sure, but I like my friend Louis' (the fat half-Mexican) better:

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some more Evangelical Bullshit

quote:
Evangelist Ted Haggard has admitted he bought methamphetamine and received a massage from a male prostitute. But he maintains he never had sex or used the drug.
So what the hell did he plan to do with the drugs? And if he wanted a massage, he'd go to a massage parlour, not a male hooker. I wonder how many people won't figure it out...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that headline too. Why the fuck would you buy meth if you don't plan to use it? That's even stupider than "I didn't inhale."

-

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This scenario is like something out of South Park. I can't find the words to comment on this Haggard-business. Preacher involved with meth and manwhores. It broke my funny-bone in three places. I'm just staring at the article, like Cartman when visited by Ben Affleck's parents.

I got the imagery of a man in an alley, dressed in black suit and clerical collar, strapping a rubber hose to his arm and having Keith Richard's face and lips and hair.

Leno and the others are so gonna drop the ball on this one, doing predictable "Hey protestants, quit cramping the catholics' style!"-jokes. It's too much altogether.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He says he was tempted and bought it, but threw it out. First of all, meth isn't just something you find in corner shoppes. I want to know 1) How he knew where to buy it, 2) Why he went by an assumed name, 3) Who the fuck is na�ve enough to buy such a lame-ass story.

And Nim, forget Keith Richards. Have you seen the man? He looks totally EVIL.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I just meant that the future Haggard would look, well, haggard. *rimcrap* Emaciated and wrinkly, like on those warning posters about meth. Richards was the first face that came to mind.

And you're right. He must've had some prior experience with meth to ever go so far as buying it, although I don't believe for a second he didn't use.
Regardless, he must've either talked to someone who had positive experiences with teh shit, or read about testimonies to the same effect, or he just plainly got self-destructive and bored with the white-picket-fence lifestyle and the endless asskissing from the people in his circles.

I think it would be a bigger step to buy meth than to engage in a homosex affair, which would suggest that he first met Jones, tried the swinging sexxor, then considered meth after Jones had sold the idea on him.

It's so common and non-crazy it just might work!

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you can have a positive experience with that shit. Between the psychological problems, the meth scabs that people can smoke to get high (YUCK!)and the chance that you'll die from one hit if the shit was incorrectly made.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You spelled "altar" wrong. [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Da_bang80
Member # 528

That didn't take long.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm waiting for Bill O'Rilley to refer to Haggard as a Democrat "by mistake", and for morons to start writing letters to my newspaper decrying this as "an obvious Democrat setup" (as seberal did of the Foley scandal).

Most of the Right will ignore this completely- after all, such hypocricy is not symptomatic of their organizations/political party....and it's best to just let such things quietly fade away- what with the elections on tuesday and all...

Remember- voting against the Republicans is voting against God!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think it would be a bigger step to buy meth than to engage in a homosex affair, which would suggest that he first met Jones, tried the swinging sexxor, then considered meth after Jones had sold the idea on him.
Oh, those crazy Swedes. Personally, I think I'd be far more likely to try drugs before getting down and dirty with the hot sweaty mansex. In fact, I have taken verious drugs. But I'm not sure about Meth, full stop, so maybe it ranks about equal with homosex on the Definite No-no's For Lee scale.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

More religous leadership:
Nun get's 30 years for genocide charge!
quote:
"She was responsible for selecting Tutsis and would throw them out of the hospital and the militia would then kill them," said Jean Baptiste Ndahumba, president of the local gacaca court in Butare town. "This nun was organizing people to be killed."

She would also hold regular meetings with Hutu extremist groups and denied food to Tutsis hiding in the hospital, he said by telephone. Some 20 people testified against her, Ndahumba added.

Some 100,000 people were killed in the southeastern prefecture of Butare during the massacre.

Sorta the Anti- Mother Theresa.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.