Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Another presidential candidate. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Another presidential candidate.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega, your name serves you well.
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega's new indicator on the Flare ploitical map has just reached FTL speeds while moving to the left.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he moves any further to the left he'll have gone all the way round and will come back in from the right! 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he was replaced with the Omega from the Mirror Universe?

As our Omega was a republican, which one would have the goatee?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still a conservative, in some ways, particularly fiscally. I just don't have a party any more. I like Gore on a personal level, and he and I agree on many things of late. Perhaps not everything, but the odds of me finding a candidate I agree with 100% are about the same as the odds of me running for president. Perhaps slightly less. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yeah...it's high time we had more political parties now- something new and in between the Republican or Democrat agendas of status quo would be a big hit.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
weshould just elect timon sol system as president

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explain to me how the Democratic party's agenda is "status quo."

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, aside from leaning farther to the Right and selling out their core principles on civil liberties while courting religous special intrest groups, their goal is the same as the Republicans:
stay in power while fucking over the other party.
An elected republican or democrat of 20 years ago fits nicely with those of today because of this with no outcry for systematic change- the two party system is preserved by both parties regardless of who is in power because ultimately they know their time will come around again.

This is also why so many voters are disgusted to the point of apathy or calim "independant" status rather than party affiliation.

Both parties cater to polls and campaign contributors far more than any ideals- the main political "agenda" is to further a political career.

Just watch Hillary talk about "preserving the American way of life" while addressing religous groups opposed to immigration.
Or watch the scores of once-loyal Bush supporters scream about how "the administration is on the wrong path"...just so long as the polls support that POV, anyway.
Watch everyone dance around what to do about Iraq (and the scariest thing would be for there to really be no plan at all).

Hmmmm....maybe I'm just embittered that McCain (whom I generally respect, as the best the republicans have to offer) announced this past weekend, he'd try to overturn Roe v. Wade...while speaking to a group of influential conservative christians, a huge political political jump up for him and a huge disapointment for me.
Even Bush was a bit less extreme in his views while on the campaign trail- and the election is still waaaaays away.

Maybe that Obama guy can still win..I've not heard anything too crazy from him yet.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you still respect John McCain, you haven't been paying attention the past couple years.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thtat's ascary thought

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we talking about the real John McCain or this pod-person John McCain who's been tromping around being a jerk in the former senator's skin?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

A good question: first he's a real, honest to god american hero that is opposed to Bushco's torture policies, then he goes in for some closed-door meetings with Bush's inner circle and suddenly we get...
this guy.
Now he's someone that suddenly supports Bush's treatment of prisoners and is catering to the religous right.

So, he's a pod or they have his family hostage or he just sold the fuck out.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew it. The White House is now Usher II.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps