Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Our Canadian MONEY is out to get you! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Our Canadian MONEY is out to get you!
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/War_Terror/2007/05/07/4160366.html

We Canadians mint several special quarters per year as a practical use of taxpayer's money. A while back, for Rememberance Day we made a spiffy quarter with a poppy on it, with the poppy part painted red to stand out, and a special coating to keep the red from rubbing off. Apparently this red coin raised red alerts at the Pentagon...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Har..... I was just about to post that.

More proof that Canada is the root of all evil in the world and MUST BE ERADICATED NUKED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH UTTERLY DESTROYED ETCETERA BLAME CANADA WHOS WITH ME WHOS WITH ME?!!!!

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a bit...odd that you guys have a poppy on your currentcy.
That explains the laid back atmosphere and general lack of military invasions.

quote:
The worried contractors described the coins as "anomalous" and "filled with something man-made that looked like nano-technology," said once-classified U.S. government reports and e-mails.
By definition, you'd never even see "nano-technology"- even if it currently existed in the sci-fi form this bozo's afraid of.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are Canadians. Your technological and biological distinctiveness will be added to our own. And you will love Shania Twain.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
[QB] It's a bit...odd that you guys have a poppy on your currentcy.

It was only a temporary one. We do BABY ANIMALS and ABSTRACT ART, too. All YOU guys usually muster is assorted buildings and old dead people. [Smile]

quote:
That explains the laid back atmosphere and general lack of military invasions.
Giving or recieving? I also credit our not-so-stringent marijuana laws, vast unpopulated areas downtown, and general lack of truly evil people.

And you can KEEP Shania Twain. AND Celine Dion. AND Bill Shatner. But we want Mike Myers back.

Mark

--------------------

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"filled with something man-made that looked like nano-technology,"
Bwahahahahaha!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I like the part where they're convinced we're trying to plant these special quarters on military personel to track their movements. As if we'd choose something like THAT to see where you are.

Mark <--- go to anyamericanonacrapper.com. Seriously.

--------------------

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pfffftt their following the wrong leads.

Every Canadian knows that the real spy devices are planted inside the Stanley cup, which the Toronto Maple leafs have let them win countless times over the last 40 years to secretly gather information across the boarder.

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good friend o' mine's a Newfie...and lemme tell you, if Canadians had the nanotech to do that in a quarter, they'd be spending it on *environmental protection* and *cheesey fries.*
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never trust a Newfie. Troublemakers the lot of them.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that's why Toronto sucks so much. But I think Ottawa needs to win, after all the cup needs to be returned to CSIS so all of its information can be downloaded.....

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

This has been part of the plan for years. Unfortunately, the FBI had 'roided up the Sabres last year, so they were prevented from winning (and the fallback Edmonton Team was sabotaged by FBI-bribed officials). The Senators-Sabres rematch is set to begin shortly though, so victory this time will be assured by our mysterious red quarters, and the usual isotope-laden Loonie coins embedded in the ice.

Mark

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I KNEW it!
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the radiation from those tainted loonies have affected your thought processes, as a Buffalo Sabres victory is most assured.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. I'm cheering for the Sabres because they have Drury, and for Anaheim because they're not Detroit. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Ottawa win.

And Saltah'na: You folks are gonna have a nasty surprise or twenty when you see the cup footage. Guess all the places it's been over the last thirteen years? *evil grin*

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.