Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » One Down, Two to go (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: One Down, Two to go
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070515/ap_on_re_us/jerry_falwell

Still waiting for Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that's supposed to be funny, I'm not laughing. Taking pleasure in someone's death, no matter who it is, is pretty sick.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? So you'd take no pleasure when you found out Saddam Hussein died? Because, I tell you now, I'll cheer when the deaths of Osama bin Laden and John Gaumer are announced.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny. I looked up John Guamer not knoiwing the name & after reading the articles, I know exactly where he's staying in jail at the moment & what his routine is.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I won't celebrate his death, you won't see any tears shed by me.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Really? So you'd take no pleasure when you found out Saddam Hussein died? Because, I tell you now, I'll cheer when the deaths of Osama bin Laden and John Gaumer are announced.
As far as I know, Jerry Falwell never ruled a country with an iron fist or ordered men to fly planes filled with men, women and children into three buildings.

Granted, I thought the man was a certifiable nutcase (as I feel toward all television evangelists), but comparing him to the men you describe isn't quite fair by a long shot.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All life is precious to me, and you have no idea how it saddens my heart when someone needs to be put to death. The feeling of security that someone abominable has been removed from this world does not overcome the regret that such an action was necessary.

*edit*
I was going to say what Dukhat just said.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not saying that Falwell is on the same level as bin Laden, I'm just saying that the notion that a person won't celebrate when someone dies is ridiculous, fancy word phrasing aside. Pretending otherwise is just plain stupid.

Falwell's dead - who cares? He was an old man, and he lived a longer life than a lot of people do. Too bad he was such a fucking idiot when he was alive, because now that he's dead, he doesn't have a chance to change his public image.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's not enough piss in my bladder for his grave.

Fucking hate monger.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Raven:
All life is precious to me, and you have no idea how it saddens my heart when someone needs to be put to death. The feeling of security that someone abominable has been removed from this world does not overcome the regret that such an action was necessary.

If only Jerry Falwell felt the same way. The only lives he valued were those of people who believed exactly what he told them to believe. I'm not taking pleasure in his death, but I will say that I'm glad of his departure, that he will no longer be around to poison the world with his messages of intolerance, hatred, and prejudice.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is John Gaumer?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

He's a Baltimore-area douchebag who raped, beat, and disfigured the sister of a friend of mine.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really with Fred Phelps would kick the can. He's an even more hateful, extreme version of this guy.

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the typo, *I really wish*

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, the Phelpses are the dandelions of the nutcase family: their roots go surprisingly deep, and every time one goes away, three more take its place.

Hm. Maybe that makes them the Gorgon of the nutcase family? Anyone got a good sword and a torch ro ten handy?

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps