Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » One Down, Two to go (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: One Down, Two to go
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But we all know Loki is really an Asgard that likes to clone people.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shik
There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Loki has a thing for dolls & tormenting Thor.

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, just to be clear, I'm not "celebrating his absence", I'm celebrating his
death
I hope he died with the realization that he betrayed everything good and noble in Christ's message and with a score of regrets.

And in excruciating pain, of course.
..and I hope he crapped himself at the end.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are those who celebrate the deaths of others. And there are those who do not.

Of the first, some celebrate the death of any opponent. Others celebrate the death of people more specifically.

How so? I think the difference here is that, be it as a part of America or as part of the West, people like Reagan or Falwell (not to lump the two together in any way other than "dead famous political figures") are, in the end, one of "us".

Just as Churchill delivered Chamberlain's eulogy and praised him, despite his appeasements having brought the English-speaking world to the brink of collapse . . .

Just as Nixon gave great tribute to LBJ (to the praise of others) upon LBJ's death in '73, and just as Dubya honored LBJ by naming the DoEd HQ building after him . . .

. . . those who separate "us" versus "them" simply don't revel in the deaths of opponents who are still one of "us".

Others, however, separate "us" versus "them" by other boundaries, making smaller sets of "us". No longer are Americans all "us", for instance, but only a select group.

Thus many more deaths can be celebrated, and even more hate-filled silliness such as hoping for pain and crap can be flung upon people.

Don't get me wrong here . . . I'm no fan of Falwell or his politics. For starters, just as hippy-istic notions circumvented the option of quarantine early on in the US AIDS crisis (which at best might've slowed things down a bit), so too did Falwell's anti-gay agenda spread disinformation about AIDS that probably helped speed its spread. And, of course, he misunderstood the so-called "alternative lifestyle" thing as coming from a general godlessness, instead of recognizing that the godlessness of those who live outside the bounds of Falwellian morality are often anti-religious merely as a subset of a grander anti-establishmentarian bent.

But in the end, while his understanding and execution were often poor and unhelpful to his causes, his goal . . . holding the line against the ethical decay of the United States . . . was certainly not evil.

But hey, don't let that stop anyone. He's not one of "us".

Just remember not to bitch and moan when folks celebrate the deaths of those you revere and consider to be "us".

--------------------
G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And which one of "us" would you like to see die?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...just as Dubya honored LBJ by naming the DoEd HQ building after him..."

A president whose favorite accomplishment is having fabricated evidence to bring the country into an unwinnable war honors the previous president who fabricated evidence to bring the country into an unwinnable war? Imagine that.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And which one of "us" would you like to see die?
Thanks for reinforcing my point.

quote:
A president whose favorite accomplishment is having fabricated evidence to bring the country into an unwinnable war honors the previous president who fabricated evidence to bring the country into an unwinnable war? Imagine that.
Oh, you poor misguided creature.

Bush did not fabricate evidence. The intelligence he employed is the very same intelligence that Clinton and friends had . . . the difference was that in the world post-9/11, it seemed time to do more about it than lob a few explosive penises to feel better about ourselves.

Clinton invariably failed to act decisively on real security threats to the United States. Why else was Sandy Berger stealing related documents from the National Archives in his socks, hmm?

But I digress . . . let's ponder who was fabricating what:

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

What's this? Sandy Berger said Saddam had WMDs two years before Bush was elected?

My god, the tendrils of the Bush evidence fabrication conspiracy run very deep!

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

Clinton, suckered into Bush's trickery two years before the election.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998

Clinton and his appointed US ambassador to the UN, suckered into Bush's trickery two years before the election.

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998

John Kerry in his first loss to the treacherous trickery of . . . what did he call him in '04? "That dumbass from the sticks" or something like that?

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

Even Pelosi's psychotic ass was on board.

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

Kennedy's old KGB contacts, with whom he'd allied to try to undercut President Reagan (thereby 'sleeping with the enemy' for domestic political gain) could've told him if this was wrong.

But then, given Kennedy's habits, he was probably in bed with someone in Saddam's government anyway.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

Al Gore, former VP, 'knew' of WMD stockpiles in Iraq. Evidently this was because, like Clinton et al., he'd been suckered into the lies of the evil neocon conspiracy for the past four years.

Of course, the fact that the CIA was largely run by leftists, some who were leftovers from Clinton's administration (hence all that Valerie Plame crap and various other public frictions between the White House and CIA) deflates that concept somewhat, but we shouldn't let little things like facts detract from our rabid Bush-hating.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

Damning proof of Bush's evidence fabrication!

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

Hillary herself . . . the same one who claimed to have conducted an independent review of the evidence Bush was using before voting for military action . . .

. . . and then, like Kerry, would now vote against it.

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

Original list:
http://www.glennbeck.com/news/01302004.shtml

I think the best take on the matter is an old quote from an online adversary of mine:

"Hatin' on Bush is the TREND. Compare him to Hitler? Nah, man, compare him to EBOLA! Ooh, I got an erection just typing that!"

President Bush is certainly not without his failings, but the lies and distortions of the rabid left are simply unsupportable.

Of course, as with Falwell, you've proven my point that "us" and "them" are highly modified concepts in the leftist mind.

--------------------

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

And y'know, let's not forget Saddam's constant efforts to screw with weapons inspectors, based as it apparently was on a desire to keep the question of what he had in the air to his neighbors.

All those suggestions and disinformation that he had something to hide came from him, and boy that bit him in the ass, dinnit?

But of course, despite the fact that various stockpiles of chemical and bioweapons have been located, it's so much nicer to be able to hate Bush fully and claim it was all Bush lies, thereby eroding support for his international politics.

A united United States could've done more to take care of real nuclear programs like that of North Korea and Iran. But instead America's hands are tied because the whole world thinks that Bush is in the distinct minority on the issue.

So yeah, keep spreading the lies. Kim and Ahminadinnerjacket will thank you later.

--------------------

Shik
There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever. You AND them spew the same shit. Get the fuck over yourselves & learn to fucking work together for a fucking change.

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed this when the bastard died. It's a goosd thing for christains, since he it's around to make them all look bad.

This is the same guy that said "Christains, Slaves and soldiers shouldn't ask questions"

and

"If I can't raise 1 million dollars, God will call me home"

Now, with Jerry gone, and William Pierce, dead very painfully I might add, I just waiting for Pat!!

I partied the night Jerry kicked, and will party for pHLEPS AND pAT rOBERTSON. Damn, I hate caps lock.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess you hate backspace even more?
reggleton
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My recollection of him was that he stole money from recipients of Social Security -- played on thier Christian beliefs to make himself rich. That's pretty low, especially since some of his contributors likely couldn't afford to buy their medicines, and, maybe ate cat food at the end of the month when their food stamps ran out.
IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I guess you hate backspace even more?

'tis against his religion.
still more sane than anything in Leviticus

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.