Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Introducing the Environmentally Friendly Hummer (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Introducing the Environmentally Friendly Hummer
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't doubt it.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry. It'll buff out.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Diane:
I want a Yaris! It's cute and cheap and fuel efficient. But mostly cute.

Get the Honda Fit. I know a person who has one and it is pretty easy to handle. Also it knocks the stuffing out of a Yaris and pretty much everything else

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
There's a Honda commercial where two women are describing their cars as "cute". After seeing that, both my wife and I agree that we'd never own a vehicle that could be called "cute".

My brother said that too! But I'm a girl so "unmanly" is actually a plus. I also think the hatchback Yaris is very sexy -- so sexy I want to lick it.

I also consider the VW Bug and the Mini "cute" cars.

Saltah'na:
I'll have to read through that article some time. I wouldn't rule out the Fit when considering a purchase, but it's not as cute as the Yaris (at least the exterior). Actually I rather think the design is something I'd get sick of looking at after a few years.

Anyway, I'm not in the market for a new car, but I do like to goggle at the hatchback Yaris whenever I come across one [Smile] .

--------------------
life creation in progress

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, "Blue Thunder" my old 1992 Dodge Dakota just blew the water pump. I'm getting the feeling that its time to achieve my life goal of owning a car made in the same decade I happen to be living in. Perhaps something with an I-beam bumper so I can start ramming all the Jacko's in Kelifonya that insist on making that left turn in front of me even though their light has been red for a good 10 seconds.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, that was exactly my thought when I bought my new bike, to get something from this decade. I mean, there's nothing wrong with owning a 26 year old motorcycle. It's just nearly impossible to find parts for it anymore. Unless I travel 200+ Km to the nearest motorcycle salvage company. And even then there's no guarantee they'll have what I need, or what condition it's in.

I say go for it and find a new car, even though they're mighty pricey, the sacrifice will still be worth it to have a reliable and fun automobile. And think about getting the top of the line model of whatever car you choose. Not only will it have better resale value when you decide to sell it, but if you're going to spend a bucketload of cash, then you might as well have something that's more enjoyable than the bare-bones model.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps