Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Conrad Black Convicted (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Conrad Black Convicted
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canada!

Only I guess this is a U.S. case. So, weird.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are so many things that are way better to think than some rich dude that we're all jealous of.

Rollerskating girls, for example.

Not being crazy gits, for another.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ventriloquist: You have your opinion, I have mine. And I say that I am happy at the prospect of Mr. Black rotting away in prison.

Sol: Conrad was born a Canadian but gave up his Canadian citizenship to become a British Lord. Conrad also owned a large number of newspapers in this country, which is why the Canadian media has an interest in this case.

Now the possibility of him returning to Canada has pretty much gone up in smoke as Canada would never allow a convicted felon in their country. Ah such bitter irony!!!

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Not Invented Here
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Not Invented Here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ventriloquists Got Shot:
There are so many things that are way better to think than some rich dude that we're all jealous of.

Rollerskating girls, for example.

Not being crazy gits, for another.

Whilst I would love to share this opinion, there is rather relevant quote from someone far wiser than I that is relevant:

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

I thought this one was a Jefferson quote, but apparently it's not him and in fact is a mis-attribution to Edmund Burke. Still true though.

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the good men already like, tried and convicted him? Go get worked up over something else, kids.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Jerry Falwell? Remember that? Is it just me or does the imprisonment and/or death of bad people *really* make people wax philosophical?
Not Invented Here
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Not Invented Here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ventriloquists Got Shot:
But the good men already like, tried and convicted him? Go get worked up over something else, kids.

I think you miss the point entirely. One bad guy down, next one please.
Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's not down yet. Black just got bail.

I'll be happy once he gets put into jail.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

Member # 239

"One bad guy down, next one please."

I miss nothing. If you're so devoted to wasting your own life in the mediocre "pursuit" of "bad guy(s)", then, by all means, and this is the point, move on to the next one, spread the love, and work the ladder down.

It seems like there are, at the very least, scathing indictments of men not-yet-indicted could be made in the time a circle jerk o' anger busts it's fiery loads all over a man already caught breaching social grace.

That, indictments, or at least some nice Jerry Yarnell landscapes. Art is good.

Saltah'na
Member # 33

http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/482704

Why does the jail system condone this special treatment crap? He should be sent to General Population.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Should, should, should. As much as we recognize what people/authorities should or should not do...it's the fact that he's rich that matters here. Not morality or fairness.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the rich guy made his celmate his bitch: nothing unusal about that.
Dont know about that "upgrade" to the library though- only trustee cons get that in the states.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps