Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » ATI Catalyst Control Center is being an asshole

Author Topic: ATI Catalyst Control Center is being an asshole
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just downloaded the latest drivers for my ATI Radeon x1600 Pro, and now the fucking Catalyst Control Center won't start so that I may adjust my settings. Furthermore, I can't seem to start it manually.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you make sure to uninstall the old version before installing the new? Sometimes drivers will conflict if that's not done. Although I've never had a problem just installing over.

Or try rolling back to a previous version and see if it'll start, if so then reinstall the new drivers and try it again.

I have the Catalyst Control Center for my 9550 and I haven't really had much problems with it. I hope this helps but I'm not too sure it will. If all else fails you can try a System Restore.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe it or not, I've forgotten how to roll back.
Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, yeah, so do I now that I think about it. One thing you can try if possible, if your main board has an integrated card the drivers for that might conflict with these new ones. Unlikely but possible.

You can also try deleting the drivers completely and reinstalling them from the original disk then updating to the new ones. You might need to hook your monitor to the integrated card so that you can see what you are doing since I'm not sure if deleting the drivers will give you a blank screen. I've never tried this before but the manual I got with my card said that I should keep the monitor on the integrated card until after I install the drivers. I don't see why it wouldn't work in reverse.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Actual I installed the original drivers, and the CCC worked. But when I updated I lost it again.
Da_bang80
Member # 528

Hmm, you know what? I say send them an email to let them know what the problem is. Chances are they already have a fix, or it may be something they need to look into.

Which is basically me saying I'm as stumped as you are.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Believe it or not, I've forgotten how to roll back."

Assuming you're using XP, you can roll back thusly :

Display Properties -> Settings tab -> Advanced button -> Adapter tab -> Properties button -> Driver tab -> Roll Back Driver button

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there was I thinking this thread was about trouble with your car's exhaust. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Yeah, I think I'll just contact ATI. The rollback thing didn't work. Now I just have the drivers installed as well as some other program which let's me adjust my graphics settings.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps