Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » All People named "Muhammad" must die....... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: All People named "Muhammad" must die.......
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's also a question as to how it relates to the current thread [Wink] I guess there's a loose association, what with the voting and the naming and the having an issue with the voting and the naming.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't find the news story that I read that stressed this angle (I think it was from the BBC), but the gist was that the uproar/outrage over this has relatively little to do with what the people in and around the school think, and more with Sudan looking for good press among more radical Islamic circles.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh man i messed up
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Essentially, the long-running and well-respected BBC children's TV show Blue Peter had a vote to name a new pet on the show. It was felt by the producers that the winning name, Cookie, had certain connotations and suggested a concerted campaign of voting by the more mischievous elements of their audience (the students who watch to lust after Konnie Huq, for instance). So they chose somehting else. So far, no-one has declared a fatwa against them for it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it wrong that the first "cookie" I thought of was of the browsing variety? I wasn't sure what Blue Peter was about, thought it might be a tech show or something...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is essentially a magazine programme for kids. The presenters are young and fit, and go all over the world doing exciting things. There are arts'n'crafts segments.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, just because they lust after some girl their votes do not count. Sounds like Florida to me.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Konnie Huq, meooooooow!!!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
It's a stitch-up. If she'd actually said, on receipt of the vote results, "No, dears, we can't call the teddy Muhamad, it'd offend someone" then likely the very same parents who then raised the complaint about her showing comtempt for Islam by letting them call it that would be complaining about her discriminating against Islam by NOT letting them call the bear that!

Ah, but the irony is that they wanted to charge the teacher with "religous hatred".
talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Particularly in Sudan, for fuck's sake.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So....is Cookie a british slang I don't know about? I don't know of any 'connotations' that would be seen as mischivi...I can't spell that word, I'm not going to try. Anyway, I'll have to google image search for this so called Konnie Huq.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've never heard of the use of cookie for vayjayjay? Or whatever other pet terms are out there for a vagina.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

No, I honestly haven't.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, saying 'Konnie Hugs loves to pet Cookie' could have dire ramifications?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Pretty much.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did all for the nookie, c'mon, the nookie, c'mon, so you can take that cookie and stick it up your yeah...
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.