Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Pointless... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pointless...
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HopefulNebula:
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Is that like an everlasting gob-stopper, only more erotic and sweaty?

I'd imagine that would get a bit painful after a while...
That's what prescription painkillers and old spice are for... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
I did think that "Macross Zero" was really well done, even if some of the air duels where a bit too dizzily choreographed. Oh and the characters where two-dimensional and the love subplot lackluster and awkward. But you watch it for the Mechas, damnit.
I hope to acquire "Macross Frontier" (which is what I think this thread is really about) in some form this year, will be a nice treat. Hope it is longer than "Macross Zero" too, not just a five part miniseries.

Badgers? The "Badgers" meme is five years old this year. People do new stuff too.

/me looks and gasps

/me casts huggle snuggles on Nim!

Dizzy? Yes? Especially the Money shot for Eps. 5 (Shin's VF-0A Going Cobra with Nora's SV-51)... But Yukikaze was probably even more dizzy (since they were both being released at the same time, '03)

Macross of course is very important to be since it was the one motivation that got me into the Navy (When i was looking at the recruiters in '89, i was intially looking at the Army as friends in my clique were in the Corps and Navy at the time... still think i should have gone AF, with hind sight on the brain [Wink]

All this macross discussion of course should drive Mark bonkers [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you joined the Navy cause you thought it would give you access to planes that can transform into robots?
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THe decepticons are here! No.....
I must call Optimus Prime.
Actually, I believe that one of the original Transformers toys, Jetfire, used a Macross jet toy, because Hasbro was, and still is, too god damned lazy to design their toys themselves.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
So you joined the Navy cause you thought it would give you access to planes that can transform into robots?

I know a guy who joined in hopes of serving on Enterprise.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Did he join recently? His hopes are slim, as Enterprise is supposed to be decomissioned in what, 5, maybe 6 years? They'll probably turn her into a museum after that. Not a chance she'll be sold for scrap, with all the buzz that comes with the name enterprise, and the fact that it was the first US nuclear powered carrier, making it pretty special. Although, they'll probably keep her in battle ready condition, just incase she is "drafted" in a future emergency. I think the Uss Missouri is still on the emergency roster. I should shut up now.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's been out for quite some time. And it's about 7 years to decommission, yes. Missouri has been a memorial at Pearl Harbor for years,

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of one of Linsner's "Dawn" stories where there is a decommed carrier used by post apocalypse people as a home.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps