Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » My Long Distance Service Got "Slammed" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: My Long Distance Service Got "Slammed"
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is what he said.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There needs to be a rejection hotline for telemarketers.

Trouble would be, it's kind of like rickrolling. Once people learn the number/url, it's useless.

(Not that I've ever rickrolled anyone. I think it's kind of lame, unless you're doing it to Rick Astley or the Church of Scientology.)

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or Rick himself.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, I don't think I'd mind telemarketers as much if they actually Spoke english, instead of Chinese Engrish, or Franglais, or Englian.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Or Rick himself.

quote:
Originally posted by HopefulNebula:
unless you're doing it to Rick Astley or the Church of Scientology.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, I must say, you're blade is growing dull, you might want to sharpen it.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had one better than that. One day, several years ago, we got a letter say our gas and electric was being switched to London Electicity at our request. Er, no. So we phoned up and disputed it. They then provided a copy of our sign-up form, supposedly signed by a Mr. Steve Wife'smaidenname. What we think happened is, a door-to-door called, I told him no, he then peeked in our letterbox to get a surname (he may even have found out my first name, but mis-heard it as "Steve", it happens quite a lot). We went to the Office of the Energy Regulator, lodged a complaint, LE backed down in a hurry and we got an apologetoic letter and a �100 cheque from the MD of LE. I don't know how many other people got that treatment, but not longer after LE were fined MILLIONS by the government for fraudulent sign-ups.

I now have fun with these guys. Not long after we movedinto our current house, a guy called from SWEB energy, He blithely walked though our gate, along thr path, opened the outer door, stood in the porch and knocked on our inner door. I stormed out. He got as far as "Hello, I'm from-" when I roared "HOW DARE YOU WALK INTO MY HOUSE?! GET THE FUCK OFF MY PROPERTY!!!" My parents were visiting, my Dad saw this exchange and said I really scared the guy. Good.

There's one amusing result of the LE fiasco. We were left in a limbo state of having gas and electricity, but our supplier was a bit nebulous. The one we thought we had said we'd asked to move to another one, and this other one also said we had asked to move to them (which we again denied). So, when we moved out of that property, it was after having paid no gas or electric for two years. Even better, when unpacking at our new place I found an agreement signed by my wife to move to that new, other supplier! From, strangely, even before I met her let alone moved in.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, I am *fucking losing it,* I swear...
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Don't swear Dan, god frowns upon it.

We had a bit of a screw up with our cable before we moved a few years ago. We originally had deluxe cable, with like 50 channels, but then switched to a satellite provider. They did not offer our local stations, so we put a pair of rabit ears on the TV to get the locals. Worse yet, we had one box servicing 2 tv's, so you could only watch one station at a time. My dad finally decided to get basic cable back so we could watch something different in each room, but the guy installed it wrong somehow, so we got 78 chanels for the price of 13! The cable company was none the wiser, so we didn't tell them.
I think that is a crime, but oh well.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
I just got off the phone with someone from the Jehova's Witness awareness group.... I am sinning and will go to hell.

There's no such thing as the Jehovah's Witnesses Awareness Group (at least not anything associated with Jehovah's Witnesses) and we don't believe in Hell. So it was probably some organization that thinks we're a kooky religion, forced to do things by our parents.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

That's why I reacted the way I did to it. There is actually a pair of Jehovah's witness(es) who come to our block each year. Very nice ladies. They hand out pamphlets and chat with us and our neighbors. I prefer them to the kirby vacuum salesman that continually visits us, even though we already own a Kirby Vacuum. He always wants to come in. Even worse, he doesn't remove his shoes. Don't you just hate when people invite themselves in, and then DONT take off their shoes?

--------------------

-George Carlin

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
My house usually gets calls from "The Buffalo Diabetes Society", I checked there isn't one. Anyways, It is usually an Indian guy on the other end of the line, and I usually respond like this;
" Heloh. I eem Looking for a meester Adam Chick" ( They somehow think My family's name is actually the whole name of a guy)
" Sir, I'm sorry to tell you that Mister Adamchick has been killed and an ongoing homicide investigation is being conducted. Are you by chance Mister Adamchick's sexual partner?"
...CLICK

I heard it in a joke and it actually works sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un_PjRXV5l8

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we're still make XKCD references, we should at least provide links.

This "rickrolling" is pathetic, anyway. I remain a proud member of the Goatse Generation.

Revanche
Member # 953

- posted      Profile for Revanche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Ed McMahon straight face]

Goatse? Why, TSN, what is goatse?

[whistling and walking away]

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

That's the segment that I heard it from Saltah'na.

Now, the opposite of a telemarketer, an industrial answering machine...

http://www.jibjab.com/view/3917

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps