Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » My Long Distance Service Got "Slammed" (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: My Long Distance Service Got "Slammed"
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That wouldn't be nearly as funny without the accent. But it is quite amusing.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been getting hit with a wave of pre recorded sales calls. I hate those, can not even tell anyone to take a fucking leap.

Sean, search around and find the origins of the word fuck.

Speaking of Origin, I need to see if Wally World has gotten in the movie yet.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a call from hillary clinton's disembodied voice asking me to vote for her. THose pre recorded calls are plain funny. My doctor's office sends them out from time to time.
*In weird somewhat robotic female voice*
Hello. THis is **** Medical Center calling to remind ( in a deep male's voice) *SEAN* (back to female voice) that you have an appointment with Dr. (male's voice) * YOUR DOCTOR* on ***** 2007.

THey actually say " your doctor" as if they think that I am intelligent enough to be able to remember my doctor's name. [Big Grin]
It is hilarious to listen to. I have an appointment with Dr. Yourdoctor on the 15th...

Even funnier are the postcards my dentist's office sends to remind me of my next checkup.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only recorded messages I will tolerate are the appointment reminders. Thats actually serving a purpose. Anything else is a waste of my time. "We don't have the time or interest to contact you personally about this very important matter, but trust us, it's worth your time and interest."

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the prerecorded ones that say they have a very important matter to discuss, would you please call 1-800-xxx-xxxx.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They say they have a very important matter to discuss and urge you to call them back....without saying what they want to talk about! And they expect people to call back. Yeesh. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just call back and introduce yourself as if you were auditioning for a dating service. Or, call back and pretend to be senile.

" Hello, you have responded to our political servey regarding the stance of the presidential nominees. Can I get your name for our official registration"

" Shoehorn! I love peanuts."
"Now Mr. Jefferson its time for your happy pills"
" Nixon all the way"
CLICK

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now hang on, I was told the Jehovah's Witnesses have to spend time going round to houses at the age of 16 as part of some kind of coming of age thing, like a confirmation...if that's not true, apologies; but if it is, well, I've not met *many* 16-year-olds who do their religious duties without being forced by their parents, no matter what religion it is.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Mormons. And I think it's when they're older. Eighteen or nineteen or something.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. *shrug* I've never known a member of either religion anyway; my town's pretty... ...insular.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yah. It's not true.

Even with the Latter Day Saints, I believe their door to door work is voluntary.

If you really want to know what Witnesses believe, Watchtower.org is the official site. I'm sure the LDS have one too.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure there's at least one of these religions that makes people stand in public and preach to the Saturday afternoon shoppers.
Mind you "voluntary" may mean you can either do it or get the hell out of our religion. Kind of like the ten commandments.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

When my family originally joined a church years ago, we selected one in another town because the church near us wanted us to donate 2,000 dollars a year minimum to be a member... We never really went anyway, but I did enjoy the juice and donoughts that they gave us after my nap, I mean the pastor's sermon. FOr a while, I was a Christian Anarchist, but then I finally gave it all up. To much to think about. Now, I function and live for me, and those important to me, not a person that everyone tells me I have to worship even though I have never seen, or heard this person. It also saves me from the internal fight between the big bang theory, the pot of goo theory and creationism.

--------------------

-George Carlin

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
the pot of goo theory.

Is that the Tasty Planet theory? [Wink]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

No, the one where life started out as a micron of slime, and then blossomed into a thriving planet.

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps