Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Cheating on tests: Spies Like Us taken to a whole new level (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Cheating on tests: Spies Like Us taken to a whole new level
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ever wanted to cheat on a test?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91lQK5SCzlQ&feature=bz302

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, that seems like it would work. Which is odd, since every other video this guy has seems to be complete bollocks.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to write out my notes on the inside of the front cover of my calculator. I think that would be slightly less suspicious that constantly looking at the "Nutritional Information" on a bottle of pop.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, see, most of my exams that need notes/formulae provide them. So this isn't very helpful... The one exam I have this term that I could use that for, there's too many formulae anyways. [Frown]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know with all the time and effort this takes you might as well just study.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's the fun in THAT?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My highschool forbid labels on bottles of water or soda for this reason.

Also, I cheated once by writing the answers to the review questions (which almost always matched the test, lazy sod) with my eraser on the surface of my desk. So you could see it from a proper angle, and wipe it off afterwards. Turned out I knew the answers anyway, but *hey*...

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"My highschool forbid labels on bottles of water or soda for this reason."

Not surprising since any educational institution by now would have gotten a hold of this video and modified their testing procedures accordingly.

And while we're on the subject of cheating, allow me to post the following:

http://www.thestar.com/article/347688
http://www.thestar.com/article/346141

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran into similar problems when I managed to get a hold of the complete solutions for the textbook for one of my classes. The prof eventually caught on, there was a hearing, etc etc. Moral of the story: ITS. NOT. WORTH. IT.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We asked if students should be allowed to share homework assignment tips on websites such as Facebook."

Isn't that the same as saying "we completely missed the point"?

The real problem is what the dean mentioned at the end of the article. The assignment was supposed to be done without any collaboration. The use of Facebook is completely irrelevant. If the students had gotten together at someone's house and exchanged answers, it would have been the same. The only difference is that the teacher probably wouldn't have found out about it (or, at least, couldn't have proved it).

No-one cares if students exchange answers on Facebook (or anywhere else). Unless the teacher says "don't exchange any of these answers".

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard tales of how my college physics professor once responded to something like that. Some students got the answer book and copied all the homework solutions out of it. They did no homework all semester, then turned it all in, perfect, on the last day. He knew what they'd done, he was mad, but somehow it wasn't a technical violation of the rules. So for his last lecture, he went through six chapters of quantum mechanics in 50 minutes.

Not a man I cared to make angry.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a teacher who would make the whole class go out in the hall and do six-pointers if one person misbehaved bad enough. He said it was to make the parties responsible feel bad that they put their friends through that punishment. Most of the time it worked. Once, the idiot didn't seem to care, so one of the larger kids in class punched him in the balls and gut. We all looked the other way. Even the teacher.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salta'hna - I haven't been in higschool for four full years...I think they were just concerned about people writing stuff on this inside of the label. Dunno that this video was out back then [Wink]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

What I would love to know is how people manage to get less than a 99% on a take-home-test? They are alowed to use the fricking notes!

--------------------

-George Carlin

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes the tests are genuinely bad.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps