Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Cheating on tests: Spies Like Us taken to a whole new level (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Cheating on tests: Spies Like Us taken to a whole new level
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And sometimes the professors grade unfairly (I had one who consistently gave women higher grades than men), and sometimes they're essay responses when not everybody can write well, and sometimes the professors' expectations aren't clear. And some professors grade on curves.

Also, at least at my school, the profs are required to show midterm grades to the dean, and if everybody gets As, it makes the professor look bad.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thankfull that my math regents exam was graded with a significant curve. Otherwise, I doubt I'd have pulled off the 89% I struggled to get. I think the Chem regents has a much lower curve, so I should probably learn how to balance chemical equations.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shudders* Yep. Never doing that crap again.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday in lab we got to make Hydrogen gas by adding 3 molar HCL to a magnesium strip. Collected it in a test tube and then lit it on fire. It made that horrible screeching sound that those paper cup wet-sponge-with-string turkey simulators make. Made me drop the testtube on my lab binder and set the lab paper on fire. It got all my calculations.

I hope that doesn't happen on the lab practical exam. No curve will help me there.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...paper cup wet-sponge-with-string turkey simulators..."

That is definitely the bizarrest sequence of words I've read this month, if not for longer.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naw, we did that shit too. But we said they were "chicken calls." Paper cup + knotted string with sponge rubber-banded around it = chicken call! You pull the sponge sharply as you hold the cup, and it makes a chickeny, turkeyish noise.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Yeah, that's it. We call them turkeys because we make them around Thanksgiving, and they were decorated to look like turkeys. Oh, the joys of being 7.

--------------------

-George Carlin

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable history buff. I ended up taking an American History course taught by a radical feminist whose main goal was to indoctrinate the sheep to the fact that everything that happened in history occurred because of a woman. If you did not ascribe to her perspective, you were wrong. I managed to escape that class with a C-. I would very much have enjoyed giving her the "Joan of Arc Treatment". And yes....she HATED men. Anytime a person with a "Y" chromosome answered a question or spoke in class they were IMMEDIATELY refuted and belittled.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I hate those radical feminist types. I'll give you a phallic symbol - you go try making a vulva-shaped missile and see how well it flies! (And on another note, at *some* point when building a very tall structure, it will get taller than it is wide and long. Apparently at that very moment it becomes phallic. So what - build all of our shit square??)
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my university friends had a huge crush on one of those short, lesbian, uber feminist, rather unpleasant types. We spent most of the next three years ridiculing him about it.

She was so horid in fact, that her girlfriend ran off and dumped her for a man. As far as I could tell, this just made her fair game in his eyes. What a mashocist.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
(And on another note, at *some* point when building a very tall structure, it will get taller than it is wide and long. Apparently at that very moment it becomes phallic. So what - build all of our shit square??)

Pfft. Then we'd just think you're mocking us by building things box-shaped...

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

So, if every building in the world looked like vulva and breasts, feminists would be happy?
No, wait. They would complain that men were staring at their buildings... [Wink]

--------------------

-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One could point out that no-one would be happy if penises actually had a rectangular cross-section.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Square peg, round hole? [Wink]

Seriously though, I've often tried long and hard (pun NOT intended) about what other possible shape things could be that couldn't be considered 'phallic.' I mean, guns have to be shaped that way to actually manage to throw the bullet in the right direction; rockets and missiles have to be that shape to fly; buildings are tall because we like to go higher, not because we want them dick-shaped. I'm at a loss and still waiting for some feminist to propose a new shape for things that would actually work that didn't remind her of penises. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, Frau!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about ass cheeks? Men and Women both have asses.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps