Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Cheating on tests: Spies Like Us taken to a whole new level (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Cheating on tests: Spies Like Us taken to a whole new level
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...trauma counselling?

What the fuck?

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I've said this before (though never on Flare to my knowledge), but I'll say it again...even if it's not evidence of mental problems to desire a sex change, I would certainly never consider it because...you're still a man in my book. A man with his penis cut off and breast implants. Your DNA is male. Until and unless we can change all the cells in a body to female (and there are differences in some cellular processes beyond making eggs - *another* essential requirement) I don't consider transsexuals as different from their 'original' gender. Which doesn't mean I think there's anything wrong with it...I'll treat a person as the gender they want to be treated, it's their business after all.

Of course, even if we could change all the DNA but still not allow the person to have a functional uterus and ovaries, some wouldn't call them females. However to me they'd be females with no uterus...like tons of other women who've had hysterectomies.

I guess what I'm saying is that I look at it from a genetic perspective. XY is male, XX is female. Those poor people who are actually born with the DNA of a particular gender but whose bodies don't react to sex hormones or however that disease works, and end up appearing as a female when they're really male for example, those to me are males with a disease, not females with a genetic problem. But again, whichever gender they choose to live as is their own business, just like it is everyone else's in my opinion.

Oh and Hopeful, you don't think a bunch of 4th graders whose teacher changed genders would need some counseling? That's not a normal occurrence for a child and any massive change in caregivers is traumatic anyway.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aah. Somehow I missed the 4th grade part.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then there's always THIS.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, she gets uglier every year...
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She wants to look like a cat and yet she looks a bit man-ish... she needs a new plastic surgeon.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She does look rather mannish. She looks like she was beaten with an ugly stick! ...Yeah baby.

I read a flash fiction once set in a future where biological science was so advanced you could pop down to the shop and get a tail or remove an arm or add a third eye or something, and different 'modifications' were like clothing or hairstyles these days...'in,' 'out,' 'lame,' 'so last year.' I bet if that doesn't happen, it'll happen as avatars in a virtual world when everyone uploads.. [Wink]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps