Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » At least Nixon got Ford to do the pardoning for him.

Author Topic: At least Nixon got Ford to do the pardoning for him.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jHQ7Prwh7Gc

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, that's a whole new level of coward. This guy never stops amazing me.

Edit: I guess this is as close as we'll get to a confession of wrongdoing from Bush and Co.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... Notice the part where he said what would happen if the Democrats gained control of Congress? And where he mentioned Dennis Hastert and Bill Frist? This clip is evidently from 2006.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this actually tells us two important things; firstly it's as good an admission of guilt as I've ever seen and secondly, they don't expect to win the next election, otherwise they wouldn't be in such a rush.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Um... Notice the part where he said what would happen if the Democrats gained control of Congress? And where he mentioned Dennis Hastert and Bill Frist? This clip is evidently from 2006.

It is. The book came out in Sep '06.

Why is it i don't recall hearing about this? (Can't comment further)

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I blew some kind of a fuse. Even swearing isn't fixing it.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh....but it's the lack of conviction on our Democrat Congress to impeach these bastards that's do dismaying- they all fear that the Republicans will call it payback for the witch hunt they put Bill Clinton through.

The constution says clearly that if abuses of power by the executive branch are brought before congress they must begin imprachment proceedings.

Instead, out weak leaders on one side of the political asile are smugly corrupt and set daily precidents that will cover their asses in future war crimes ("But they never impeached Bush!") and on the other side of the asile are morons that refuse to make waves as their side takes power.

We saw that situation with the USS Cole bombing- a lack of response was the greeenlight for 9/11.
When good men do nothing, evil prevails.

History will look back at Bush's presidentcy and wonder why we did not stop him.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could list tons of shit Bush should be impeached for. What's *really* dismaying is, as you alluded, the fact that the checks and balances in our government are absolutely fucking powerless if the president decides to just ignore them. Everyone else in the other two branches just kind of goes "Uh, um, wh-, I, you, that is, I mean, uh" and just watches this bullshit happen.

History looks back at Nero that way too and nobody really cares, though. I mean in a couple hundred years nobody will give a flying hoo-hah that we didn't stop him. Well that's depressing.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually it's the duty to impeach if evidence comes forth.

The Dems are soooo afraid of rocking the boat at this critical juncture that they'll let Bushco get a walk.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps