Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » But Teacher, I wasn't being discriminatory on purpose..... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: But Teacher, I wasn't being discriminatory on purpose.....
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Those dances were horrible. All the guys on one side of the room, all the girls on the other, staring at each other, shuffling their feet. And then when you finally do dance it's all awkward and stuff and you don't know where to look or put your hands. Blugh. I am so glad that's all in the past...

Jesus, it's like you're about to start singing Morrissy. [Wink]
GET TEH BLACK TURTLENECK OUT!

I skipped most of that school socializing nonsense- most of my friends were older by a year or two and that prom/school dance thing was not for my wallflower self.

Then I took dancing lessons in college and learned how not to step all over my dates (sadly, no one wants to dance anymore)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can dance fine, alone when nobody's watching [Big Grin]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know two dances. The one I do correctly with a girl when slow music is playing, and the one I do to every other tune that plays. People find that dance funny.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "whitey twitch"?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty much. It looks kinda like a combination of that weird "crotch pointing" dance from the seventies, and the and a person with epilepsy attempting to do the jitterbug.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd laugh, but with my wife being a high school teacher, I may get roped into helping chaperon a dance with people dancing like that. [Eek!]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I have a teacher that chaperones everything, and I don't think her husband comes willingly...

It could be worse. I have a friend who turned up to a dance wearing a pinstriped tuxedo. He dances just like me. He does it with style though. We were the most...er...popular on the dance floor that night. I think my girlfriend was a bit embarrassed to be seen with me for a while...

--------------------

-George Carlin

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woah, woah, woah, girlfriend you say? Moving up the ladder or was this a work in progress? Last time I heard, your closest experience with the opposite gender was a mere dance...

Remember to wrap it up Sean.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Um, that was the mere dance in question. I had a girlfriend. That was the most we did beyond a hug hello and goodbye. At the time, I thought that was pretty good progress for 6 months time. I was only 13, so I guess that was good progress.

--------------------

-George Carlin

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True story: I went to an all-girls high school. Around my sophomore year, there were rumors going around that the school (read: psychotic principal) was going to amend the rules for dances so that each girl had to bring a guy.

The backlash from the students and parents was so strong and so immediate that the principal ended up calling a student meeting and announcing that while she wouldn't confirm or deny that particular proposed rule change, we needed to be very careful about dancing with our friends, because (gasp!) people could think you're a... a... I can't say it....

Never mind those students who really do like taco shows, of course. We all know real women don't do that kind of thing.

(That woman--an ex-nun, at that--was what we call a fire hazard. Deeply in the closet, but totally flaming.)

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.