Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I hate the GOP (Page 8)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: I hate the GOP
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Under this tax plan, the United States would join this group and have a higher top rate than such high-tax nations as Sweden and Denmark.
In other words, come dangerously close to progress! [Frown] Healthcare and dental without you first having to get down on your knees in front of them and go to that happy-place in your mind? What kind of sick Stalinist shit is that? I just spilled mint julep all over my sock suspenders.

Just out of interest, which party or candidate outside the rep-dems has the biggest support right now? Who's on third, so to speak?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully still on-topic, but what were those protestors screaming about during McCain's speech? Before they were hurried out of sight, and McCain dismissed them with a pre-written offhand remark? Anyone know?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron Paul, I think. My understanding is that his name was put in for nomination, and the chairman ignored it, in complete contravention of the rules. But that's just what I was told, you might wish to find another source to confirm.

As for who's on third:
http://www.wnd.com/files/noneoftheabove/Poll1one.pdf

That 7-way poll asked who the polled "most closely identified with". Nader 1.6%, Barr 1.2%, Keyes .7%, McKinney .2%, Baldwin 0.0%, 21.3% undecided.

Most four-way polls put Barr clearly in third, way ahead of Nader.

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/zogby-national-polls.html
http://www.zogby.com/search/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1547

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WRONG

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regardless, I think McCain wins on the most important issue: whose kids are sexier.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh . . . padded headboard.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly Bundy's larger, homelier sister?
I suspect the headboard isn't all that's padded.

I don't think the election will have anything to do with the conventions, the debates or the press articles, I think it will be majorly decided by people's appreciation of McCain's and Obama's final voting posters, and I do think the majority of the population, the ones who vote from the "heart", simply wouldn't dare to live in a country without an aging WASP to lead them. It should follow the "Look at that face, he just HAS to be a great man, since he's come this far"-mentality.

Oh, and the fact that the other guy is a *"Niggarh!!". *(Michael Richards added for dramatic effect)

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homely? Comely, perhaps. Very Hayden Panawhatever.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Kelly Bundy's larger, homelier sister?
I suspect the headboard isn't all that's padded.

I don't think the election will have anything to do with the conventions, the debates or the press articles, I think it will be majorly decided by people's appreciation of McCain's and Obama's final voting posters, and I do think the majority of the population, the ones who vote from the "heart", simply wouldn't dare to live in a country without an aging WASP to lead them. It should follow the "Look at that face, he just HAS to be a great man, since he's come this far"-mentality.

Oh, and the fact that the other guy is a *"Niggarh!!". *(Michael Richards added for dramatic effect)

And he doesn't wear enough flag lapel pins or masturbate to the US flag.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Very Hayden Panawhatever."

Is this some previously unknown sense of "very" which means "not at all"?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, who's the chick again? I'm confused.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That has to be a padded bra, I don't see nipples!

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

We'll have to have a hands-on investigation.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Wait, who's the chick again? I'm confused."

John McCain's daughter. The one who recently said "No-one knows what war is like, other than my family. Period."

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...like the late great Carlin said, garbage in...garbage out...
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps