Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » PRESIDENT OBAMA! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: PRESIDENT OBAMA!
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ginger Beacon:
Ha ha ha!

Twas good news indeed. Now if only we can find an Obama figure to replace either Cameron or Clegg and we'll be laughing too.

Indeed. As overjoyed I am at America's choice for president, it just highlights how uninspiring our politicians are over here.

If there was a British election today, I really wouldn't want any of the candidates to win (although I'd inevitably vote Lib Dem anyway). We really need an Obama-like figure to stir things up and rise above the pettyness and corruption that dominates British politics.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If there was a British election today, I really wouldn't want any of the candidates to win (although I'd inevitably vote Lib Dem anyway). We really need an Obama-like figure to stir things up and rise above the pettyness and corruption that dominates British politics.
Wasn't that what Blair was supposed to be? Funny how that sort of thing can turn out.

As for the yanks, I'm glad they've elected someone less likely to drag us into another oil hunting expedition, though I dare say I suspect he'll be a bit of a bullet magnet for a while. I hope he stays away from Dallas and plazas altogether.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know that was a thought in the back of my head. We might have store him in Fort Knox. [Wink]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the way I look at it, either of these choices for President have a pretty good chance of dieing in office. Obama, heaven forbid, from an assassins bullet, or bomb, or McCain, from plain old age. So, I think to a certain degree, it came down to who they chose as VP's. In the event of a tragedy, I'm sure that Bidden is a lot more qualified to helm this country than Palin would have been.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Well.

I think the only thing you'll find me agreeing on is that it's good to finally end all the campaigning and political ads.

And that's all I'm going to say on the subject, because I don't like being dog-piled on.

i can't help myself...

1) is your fear due to previous dog-piles?

2) had those dog-piles involved hard-ons?

3) has those previous said dog-piles involve
a. your erection facing up? [resulting in bent shaft syndrome?]
b. your rection facing down? [resulting in either admantine erections as the sheer pressure of the hard dirt resisting the sudden downward thrust trasmorgaphied your erection or creating a huge hole with sesmic damage from the sudden displacement of dirt that your erection forced dirt aside?]

well?

*howls in giggles* don't feel bad. i hate being on the bottom, too, normally LOL

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm done with you. The increasing crap and verbal filth that spews forth from your insipid posts tells me that you're on the same mental level as a challenged middle-school student.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.W. : Stop trolling. Really. It hasn't ever been interesting, but it is irritating.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...sometimes the joke doesn't get it, either...

:/ t'was JUST a joke, k?

what ever. O won, that's all that matters...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Salon.com
quote:

Deep thoughts from Sarah Palin
Part of Sarah Palin's response, when asked Wednesday about her political future: "2012, that sounds like years away."

Profound.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
As for the yanks, I'm glad they've elected someone less likely to drag us into another oil hunting expedition, though I dare say I suspect he'll be a bit of a bullet magnet for a while. I hope he stays away from Dallas and plazas altogether.

That worries me too, especially since the people who didn't want him in office are also the people with all the guns. Still, the secret service, or whoever's job it is, managed to stop Bush from getting shot and he's one of the most unpopular presidents for a long time, so Obama ought to be fairly safe.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Popular leaders are always the most likely to get knocked off, not by lone nutters but by powerful people who stand to loose out from whatever they're doing to make themselves so popular. Of course a lone nutter is often blamed.
As for unpopular leaders, they're easier to protect because they know better than to expose themselves to oppertunists.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny, you need to clarify: it's the wackjobs who have the guns and who hate Obama. The wackjobs loved Bush, and the normal people hated him. Unfortunately, normal people wouldn't even think of offing Bush whereas the wackjobs would to Obama.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Johnny
Member # 878

Good point, Obama will no doubt hold a lot more public speeches and with bigger crowds than Bush did, because people will actually want to see them.

--------------------

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/obama_win_causes_obsessive?utm_source=embedded_video

Pretty much all I got to say on the subject. [Smile]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps