Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » PRESIDENT OBAMA! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: PRESIDENT OBAMA!
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Anyway, getting back to marriages, I still fail to understand how each state has different can have different laws governing what must be one the the most basic and probably one of the oldest human rights. I can understand churches and various religious groups refusing to have the ceremonies at their places of worship, that's their business, but a marriage is essentially a legal contract, so why should the courts even pay attention to their demands is beyond me.

*warning* HUGE HUGE Flame *Flee now! NOW!*

Alex! I'll take religious bigotry and intollerance for $800!

Bedop! Bedop! Bedop!

Congratulations, Rev! You got todai's daily double-entre:

"This religious~political institution has been fingering fucking underage individuals, local, state and federal goverment's rules and regulations, religious settings during the holidays and generally being a royal noisance for the lawful notion of 'Separation of Church AND State' for as long as those puritan assholes have been in the americas.

Alex. Who is the Christian far right?"

with 50 states and (perhaps) 50 ways of doing things, means you like to do something and you get grief over it here? you just move somewhere else (U-Haul 4TW). it's why business move thier HQ's, (up until the 90's+ where going overseas to save money, avoid taxes, etc 4tw), people themselves move (a friend's sister and her family moved to Florida simply because they hated the cold winters of Cleveland), the few professional sports teams moving and closing (example: The Baltimore Ravens, who USED TO BE my Kardiac Kids, the former Cleveland Browns.

Kosar. Bynre. Slaughter. what once i beloved and now scorn with regret.

The Ravens moved because of Ohio's tax laws that tend to fuck people up when they die (a issue for individuals as well as private/public corporations) with huge penalties to the survivers who inherate the remainder funds. that isn't the only reason teams do that but that was Modell's main reason when he took the team to Balitmore.

It's even better when your in a commonwealth like Virgina (i'm told that if you don't have a will to ensure wealth tranfer, somehow your property (a % at least) will go to the state automatically).

now for marriage. marriage has always been.... i had a very long rant on this and scorn for organized religion in general but i'll shush up (it's sunday and it's football time)
*rant overwith*

Teh PW
Member # 1203

...wow, i get really bitchy when religion is discussed or accused/used/abused. but it can't be helped since religion tends to be the ones who abuse/use/accuse (besides me here, as example).

the one thing i Wonder is Will O. pander to the religious farts like someone else has frequently the past feW years? :/

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, Nader lost? Crap!!!

With Obama having pick a hardliner Demmie for his Chief of Staff it appears that it will be polyticks as usually.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprise, surprise. [Roll Eyes]
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PW: I read your post but I'm still clueless as to what the bloody hell you're going on about. Does anyone have a Gibberish to English dictionary?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a "Babble"fish pun just waiting to be made here, I know it.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Teh PW
Member # 1203

...ships.... navy life. AIR-DALES...

do i really need to explain any more than that? [Big Grin] i'm usually tired when i think/type...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
What, Nader lost? Crap!!!

With Obama having pick a hardliner Demmie for his Chief of Staff it appears that it will be polyticks as usually.

Oh, I dont know- he did just fine in Clinton's old crew and plenty of democrats owe him favors- sounds like a shrewd move to me.
So the minority leader (Republican) is already bitching about his selection: so what?
Give the guy a chance to even start his job before he gets bashed around: the republicans could not even wait a day after the election before whining how "partisan" Obama's administration will be.
Coming from people that blatantly broke the law in their hiring only republicans (in the Justice Dept for irony) such cautionary cries of what the democrats will do in two months rings very hollow indeed.

Most press corps people think that this new Chief Of Staff will allow Obama to handle people in his own party that might try to get over, or at least let Obama play "good cop".

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Most press corps people think that this new Chief Of Staff will allow Obama to handle people in his own party that might try to get over, or at least let Obama play "good cop".
That's what it looks like from over here. As I recall that's exactly they dynamic JFK had with Bobbie Kennedy, though I realise the actual position is quite different. Still, evey good leader needs a pitbull.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Nader, he is giving a lecture at Hilbert College, which is maybe 5 minutes away from my high school, tonight, I think it is. I have no idea what he has to talk about though...

Oh, and apparently, Obama is so popular, that he gets his own action figure...?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sean: That's nothing. You should have seen here around the DNC. There was Obama everything.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's also a Mccain action figure- looks only vaguely like him though.
There's of course, several Bush figures- including a special GI Joe doll of him in flight gear from his "Mission Accomplished" moment on the aircraft carrier (or, if you prefer, from his Texas Air Guard days).
There was a Kerry bobble-head as I recall.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps