Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Republican racism at it's ugliest. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Republican racism at it's ugliest.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
So as a President, Obama gets how many secret killings from the Secret Service?

Clinton used all those allotted through.....I believe....the year 2047. Including adjustment for inflation.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
[QB]Well, aren't Mexicans Hispanics?

Not all of them.

The World Factbook suggests "mestizo (Amerindian-Spanish) 60%, Amerindian or predominantly Amerindian 30%, white 9%, other 1%".

What, you never watched Telemundo?

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Guardian, the point you're missing is that regardless of the source, or who said it first, repeating such offensive material is grossly inapproperate for the (presumed) head of either major political party.

But it's only "offensive material" to people who are desperate for it to be "offensive". Where was the uproar against the LA Times and calls for the head of Ehrenstein for calling Barack "the Magic Negro" and questioning his racial authenticity?

Oh wait, they're liberals . . . they're okay. But if Republicans do it? Screw them!

quote:
It would be just as wrong and stupid if a democrat did it.
But no one in the press or the lefty blogosphere would care. When Howard Dean made a racial remark about blacks representing the wait staff of a hotel we never heard a thing about it from the mainstream media . . . and he did so while trying to paint the Republicans as racist.

It's just so funny to watch the absurdity and double-standards.

I mean, is it not racism for Blagojevich to want another black guy in Obama's seat, and isn't it racism and sexism for Harry Reid to demand a white woman instead? Who the fuck cares? Get a qualified person in the damn seat.

Oh wait . . . they were picking among their liberal buddies. Nevermind.

I watched some of the impeachment stuff, by the way. Burris is so incredibly clueless that it boggles the imagination.

quote:
But dont listen to me- see what some of his fellow Republicans have to say (as they smell blood in the water and jocket for the RNC Chairmanship)
Precisely. You negated your own quotes the moment you explained their origin.

In any event, I do not need to defend the ignorance of others.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I agree with you on Burris- he's a terrible pick, would never have won a special election (which they would have had if money was not incredibly scarce and legally at the governor's discresion).
Also, the guy's a egomaniac: he named his two children (male then female) "Roland" and "Rolanda" after himself and custom built a maseleum with "He was a trailblazer" chisled into marble at the entrance.

Hysterical.

Really, I think you're looking for critique of the Democrats in all the wrong places or you're forgetting (or too young to recall) the Clinton years when both CNN and Fox had 24/7 coverage of the silly Lewenski scandal instead of trivial things like, say, Serbians trying their had at genocide.
quote:

Oh wait . . . they were picking among their liberal buddies. Nevermind.

that remark sounds awfully hollow in light of more revalations of criminal bias in the justice Department under the last two Attorney Generals.

Or in light of the Minnesota recount nonsense wherein the Republican (Coleman) contesting the recount is filing a lawsuit against his fellow republicans- claiming that they somehow treated him unfairly, even though two of its five members are Supreme Court judges appointed by Tim Pawlenty, the state's conservative Republican governor, each with a long record of loyal service to the GOP; a third is a nonpartisan elected judge; a fourth was appointed by former independent Gov. Jesse Ventura; and only one, Secretary of State Mark Ritchie, is a Democrat. At the outset, Coleman's own lawyers accepted the panel's membership, as did everyone else, including Franken, who might have protested that his own party had only one member.

Their decisions against Coleman, which led to Franken's provisional victory by 225 votes, were unanimous. It is this group, composed of distinguished judges with spotless reputations.

But hey, if you fairly lose an election, just have your conservative talk show pals lie and slander the winner:
Read the entire article.

It seems professionalism is equally lost on both sides of the asile.

Certainly the supposed lack of coverage of stupidity by the Left does not excuse the Right's character attacks and outright lies about, well, everybody not a Republican.
I dont know what to say about Ann Coulter- she's not remotely sane.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.