Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The Bush Administration Ends (Page 4)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The Bush Administration Ends
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might believe you, if you haven't focused and fixated on your hatred of all things on the other side of the aisle first and foremost. See how it keeps coming back to that?

'Cause I got news for you, at the end of the day, if it isn't good for all of the country, it's bad for all of the country.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What?
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm extremely confused.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simple...

The moment you start doing good only for the part of the country you like, is the moment you actually worsen the situation for everyone in the country.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well thank you Captain Obvious.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard:
I might believe you, if you haven't focused and fixated on your hatred of all things on the other side of the aisle first and foremost. See how it keeps coming back to that?

'Cause I got news for you, at the end of the day, if it isn't good for all of the country, it's bad for all of the country.

Did you miss the part where Obama talked about the necessity of the president serving and being responsible to all Americans and not just the ones that voted for him, which is the opposite of what George W. Bush and Company believed?

And I don't know about anyone else, but there are a few Republicans I don't mind so much. Ray LaHood ain't so bad. Vernon Ehlers is a pretty decent guy. I certainly have an affinity for my mom.

So there's that.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

OnToMars, you have two fallacies in your statements here.

First, you're assuming AGAIN that I'm talking about Obama when I'm actually talking about his supporters, and a subset of them at that.

Second, you lioniize Obama based on nothing more than his intro speech, then demonize Bush based on ... nothing. (Show me where Bush made Republicans happy, much less made ONLY Republicans happy please... )

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

OnToMars
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would the views of Obama supporters be substantially different from those of Obama himself? But never mind that.

Listen, I won't deny that there are people in this nation whose political views and opinions I cannot stand. I have my reasons and I think they're quite sufficient, though I'm sure you disagree.

But this is the important point:

I can't stand them because they're lousy for the country. They're what got us into this mess in the first place. And their arrogance and misanthropy is the real hate that drives the division and regression in this country.

Did I enjoy beating them? Absolutely. But it's because they're the ones that embody the hateful attitudes you're mistakenly attributing to me.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard:

Which is admitting that the Bush administrration was bad for the country.

Just after the inaguration Rohm the Spaceknight zipped to the White House and put a stop to all those assinine "midnight resolutions" the Bush administartion had thrown in as a gift to big business....too bad he cant stop all the apointments of Bush's cronies to various commities.

On his first official day in office he signed the order to close Gitmo (total closure within one year).

There- already he's done more to restore our place as a world leader than the Bush administration has in a year and upheld a major campaign promise.

You guys see the red lawnmowers in the parade?
that was a group that includes satirist Dave Barry- a hilarious story:
http://blogs.herald.com/dave_barrys_blog/2008/11/the-making-of-a.html

Shows the new President is nothing if not cool.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Show me where Bush made Republicans happy, much less made ONLY Republicans happy please..."

I think you might be begging the question here. You're assuming we only hate Bush based on his being a good conservative. Which he wasn't. Therefore, we shouldn't hate Bush.

We hate Bush because he's a war criminal, he broke the country, and he's kind of a prick.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

No you don't. You hate Bush for no more reason than it's 'en vogue' to do so. You're 'part of the clique' and that's how you get along with your peers. You've never really thought about the issues, you cannot honestly cite any laws or anything that hasn't been regurgitated and disproven already. You have no opinion about Bush, or Obama, that isn't crafted and shaped by 'the crowd'.

You hate Bush because you're nothing but a spineless sheep who's desperate for internet affirmation. You've shared in the invention of a character that all of you can hate in order to feel vindicated about your own life.

And you reveal this, at all times, by using the same tropes over and over again, because all your 'Bush hating friends' use them.

And please do me a favour and stop pretending to know jack shit about politics or issues, because you don't know. Your brain STOPS at 'Hateful Rethuglicans' and everything else you say is self-justified from there, including going so far as to say everything 'those guys' do is hateful and wrong... but NOTHING we do is.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

OnToMars
Member # 621

Also, I think you're forgetting about the years 2002 to 2006.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

You can't sit here and tell me that Bush's unpopularity was totally unfounded. If so then your more full of it that I thought. And incidentally, what are your credentials to be telling other people they don't know shit about politics.
Vanguard
Member # 1780

Most of which were under *gasp* a democratic Congress... which never was responsible for anything, ever. It's always Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush. Also, Bush.

Anyway, Obama: Day Four
Waterboarding not considered torture for counter-intelligence techniques.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Vanguard
Member # 1780

quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women: You can't sit here and tell me that Bush's unpopularity was totally unfounded. If so then your more full of it that I thought. And incidentally, what are your credentials to be telling other people they don't know shit about politics.
I didn't say it was totally unfounded, but YOUR objects (and that of many 'en vogue liberals') are not. Is that simple enough for you?

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps