Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Let's do the Political Compass thing again!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Let's do the Political Compass thing again!!!
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In light of Omega running for congress, this is a good time to bring this up again:

http://politicalcompass.org

My Score:
Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.02

Can someone dig up that member graph again?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of those are rather loaded questions and I don't feel confident that I'm actually qualified to give informed answers, but I did my best.

My Score:
Economic Left/Right: -3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

Never really thought of myself as a lefty, but I didn't need that graph to tell me I'm not of the authoritarian persuasion. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty much the same score for me as the last time I did the quiz.

Economic Left/Right -5.00
Social Libertairian/Authoritarian - -3.79

Me an Ghandi are chillin out in the lower left.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-7.62 / -7.38 this time. Still crawling off to the lower left, I guess.

Here is the chart from three years ago. Rather than adding to it, I've redone it in a larger format, to increase readability. I also removed anyone who didn't participate last time. If one of them reappears, I can add them back in.

By the way, if I make any mistakes as a result of name changes, let me know.

Also, Saltah'na, you might have to remove the "Commie Bastard" section of your status line, after that crazy U-turn off to the right.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forget if I did it the last time...

Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but you did back in 2002, so I restored that.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28

I feel like the test needs to be updated in some way, because everyone I know who takes the test, even people I'd consider to be traditionalist/conservative, end up in the left/libertarian quadrant.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: I have an American co-worker who has a running joke with me saying that Chinese people are 100% Commies, while Canadians are only half. So There....

And I am trying to get him to take this test, but I suspect he will end up in the lower right quadrant.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still breaking records, people... (and not of the vinyl variety)

Economic Left/Right: -8.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.82

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I've taken this before, though I don't think I've ever posted the results in a thread here. But I want to be on the graph!

Economic Left/Right: -8.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.26

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.72

I'm STILL in the Delta Quadrant. I think I need to adjust for wind and use a smaller powder charge.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Saltah'na : No, I understand the reference. I was just making a joke about your pretty widespread movement on the chart.

WizArtist : Gamma Quadrant.

everyone : Chart update.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:

WizArtist : Gamma Quadrant.

everyone : Chart update.

No WONDER I'm lost. [Wink]

Although, I DO seem to be centering in.....

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.