Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » British Embassy Staff arrested!

Author Topic: British Embassy Staff arrested!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhh.....escalation.

quote:
British embassy staff arrested in Iran, Foreign Office confirms
Posted: 06:41 AM ET
LONDON, England (CNN) — Local staff members of the British Embassy in Iran have been arrested, the Foreign Office in London told CNN Sunday, confirming earlier reports from Iran’s government-backed Press TV.

Press TV said eight staffers had been seized for their role in the unrest following the disputed presidential elections on June 12. The Foreign Office did not confirm the number of people held.

Last week, Tehran expelled two British diplomats. London responded by booting two Iranians.

Iran then recalled its ambassador to Britain, saying it would reconsider its diplomatic ties with the United Kingdom.

Withdrawing an ambassador is a very serious gesture in diplomatic circles.

The Iranian government has long accused other countries, especially Britain, of “meddling” in its affairs, but has offered no proof any outside forces have been involved in the unrest since the election.

On Wednesday, Iranian authorities said they had arrested several foreign nationals, some with British passports, for allegedly helping foment the disturbances.

Yep....that's bad.
Maybe Britan should just sort of...hold on...to that Iranian Ambassador untill the embassy hosta..er...prisoners are released.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like they're trying to provoke a war, I didn't realise they were that desperate. I mean you don't do something like this without expecting some kind of strong response. Let's not oblige them.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a move to provoke an equal or esclated response- which would rally the Iranians behind their sense of national pride, smoothing over unrest.

They've been really (verbally) trying to get Obama to take the bait: good thing we dont have an embassy there!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Ah...additional blame for the United states.
I was wating all week for this moment: the moment when they blame the US for Neda's murder:
quote:

"This death of Neda is very suspicious," Ambassador Mohammad Hassan Ghadiri said. "My question is, how is it that this Miss Neda is shot from behind, got shot in front of several cameras, and is shot in an area where no significant demonstration was behind held?

"Well, if the CIA wants to kill some people and attribute that to the government elements, then choosing women is an appropriate choice, because the death of a woman draws more sympathy," Ghadiri said.

CIA spokesman George Little responded, "Any suggestion that the CIA was responsible for the death of this young woman is wrong, absurd and offensive."

Just a few days back they claimed that an Iranian seperatist group (enemies of the state with no western affiliations) killed Neda in some mistaken identity thing.

Next, they'll have Obama on a grassy knoll with a rifle...

Am I psychic or are these guys that transparant?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they can suck it. It's one thing to act openly belligerent to another country, but the Obama administration has gone out of it's way to state it has had no involvement and will not involve itself in Iran's affairs.

Even the Federation gets pissed off...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps