Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Sarah Palin Implodes

Author Topic: Sarah Palin Implodes
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She resigns as Governor of Alaska!
Could this woman be any more neurotic?
Fuck, imagine if she was Vice President....

You know who I feel sorry for? Alaska's Lt. Governor, who must now try to fix the clusterfuck for the next two years.
And it seems that he knew nothing of Palin's stepping down prior to her rambling news conference.

Watch the video- it's strange.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.

I hope this isn't part of some sneaky plan, having her withdraw completely from the political scene only to reemerge later and be able to honestly say she had nothing to do with the all the shit this country will probably be suffering by that point.

She's always struck me as utterly vacuous, but you know what? I probably would've said the same thing about Reagan if I'd been around when he came on the political scene.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's totally hosing her home state during the worst economic times anyone there has ever been through, and this after she rejected the president's stimulus package, only to be pilloried in Alaska's newspapers and overridden by Alaska's leglislature.

I cant possibly imagine being Vice President would have been easier.

This is cut-n-run.

Imagine now, what bullet we'd have dodged if McCain up and croaks?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that I'd claim to be any kind of expert in US politics, but at the time I took her candidacy for the vice presidency as little more than a gimmick. If Clinton had won the primaries, I think they would have found some non-Caucasian instead of her. On the off chance Obama lost and she got in, I very much doubt they would have allowed her any real power. She never exactly radiated competence in any case, so Alaska may be better off.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean we don't get to see Tina Fey on SNL again?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell was with her stream-of-consciousness speech, tying apathy, fish, and Gen. MacArthur together?

This is not the talk of a politician wanting to run for president, but of the crazy cat lady!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"On the off chance Obama lost and she got in, I very much doubt they would have allowed her any real power."

Officially, the only power the vice-president has is voting in the Senate if there's a tied vote. The problem is that, even if they limited her to that, she would still become the president if McCain died.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which, given his age, was a possiblity, therefore making Palin officialy the scariest lady in the world during the election.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps