Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Re-evaluation -America Won the Vietnam War ! - (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Re-evaluation -America Won the Vietnam War ! -
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to make a comment about esecallums astounding level of ignorance, but instead I'm going to go do something productive. Something I don't think E knows how to do very well. So that said I'm taking a cruise up to the lake to snap some photos for my school assignment.

Before I go, I just want to say that I feel sorry for esecallum, he must have a pretty sad life if he has to get his kicks from trolling on the internet.

It'd be nice to see this abortion of a thread locked when I get back. But I'll understand if you want to help boost E's ego for a little while longer.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FawnDoo:
Er...Ma'am? :-) My dear? :-)

Ah fuck. Your tag made me think...

fuck, that's what those red lines mean on the panel 'Testes alarm'

LOL, sorry SIR/Ma'am/it-by-choice/it-by-bobbit...

quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
quote:
Originally posted by esecallum:
quote:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:

E, going by your reasoning the Confederacy won the American Civil War. Also, The Central Powers won WWI, as 5,711,696 Allies were killed, as opposed to 4,010,241 for the Central Powers. Anyone who has picked up a 4th grade history book will prove otherwise. [Roll Eyes]

Also, If I were to play along here, and actually attempt to discuss your theory, then I'd have to point out that not all deaths on battlefields are caused by bullets bombs and hand grenades. There's also disease. More than half half of American Fatalities in WWI were caused by disease or accidents. So, in theory, an "Enemy of America" could kill 400 Americans in battle, and only 100 die of disease. American soldiers could have killed 200 of the enemy, with 600 Enemy dying from disease. Would America be considered "the winner" then?

Sean,I just told you it only applies from after 1945.Have you got Alzheimers?
Can you not remember what you read?

learn to read.I said this law applies only after 1945.

Your examples don't count as were before 1945.

Understood?

Yeah, E, I understand that your reasoning allows the US to "win" some of the most controversial wars of the past century, where America was clearly not the victor, in order for America to seem like it rules the world. As a student of history,and a proud American, I can tell you that we are not the end-all be all of the world. And no amount of theorizing or posting complete bullshit on the internet will change that. We didn't claim victory. So what? We learned form our mistakes, and next time, if there is a next time, we'll do things differently.
ROFLCOPTER! That's just it. We won't learn. or rather some people just learn that making bombs, killing lots of peps, causing destruction...

is simply more fun than being a civized fucktard. In histories's time, it's always been more fun. totally explains why fucktards in middleast even consider all the acts of terror they inflick upon themselves and others.

Cause God told 'em too...

*sighs, sadly* LOCK the fucking thread, please!!!!

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

esecallum
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by esecallum:
quote:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:

E, going by your reasoning the Confederacy won the American Civil War. Also, The Central Powers won WWI, as 5,711,696 Allies were killed, as opposed to 4,010,241 for the Central Powers. Anyone who has picked up a 4th grade history book will prove otherwise. [Roll Eyes]

Also, If I were to play along here, and actually attempt to discuss your theory, then I'd have to point out that not all deaths on battlefields are caused by bullets bombs and hand grenades. There's also disease. More than half half of American Fatalities in WWI were caused by disease or accidents. So, in theory, an "Enemy of America" could kill 400 Americans in battle, and only 100 die of disease. American soldiers could have killed 200 of the enemy, with 600 Enemy dying from disease. Would America be considered "the winner" then?

Sean,I just told you it only applies from after 1945.Have you got Alzheimers?
Can you not remember what you read?

learn to read.I said this law applies only after 1945.

Your examples don't count as were before 1945.

Understood?

Yeah, E, I understand that your reasoning allows the US to "win" some of the most controversial wars of the past century, where America was clearly not the victor, in order for America to seem like it rules the world. As a student of history,and a proud American, I can tell you that we are not the end-all be all of the world. And no amount of theorizing or posting complete bullshit on the internet will change that. We didn't claim victory. So what? We learned form our mistakes, and next time, if there is a next time, we'll do things differently.
It is not about reasoning.Draw a graph of technological advance and you will see it starts to take off after ww2 about 1945 due to the experience and wisdom accumalated in the previous wars.

And also for your information we are very nearly ruling the world already.

Our mega corporations, our multinationals are already setting policy and agenda all over the world.The multipurpopse FDA,CNC,EPA,FAA,WTC,WHO,etc set policy and worldwide agendas.

Slowly and surely our mind set ,our politics, our culture is taking over the world.

Everyone is trying to come to America.

Our culture dominates the world.Everyone wants to be American.Look at the Mexicans trying to swarm in.

Look at Pakindia illegals desperately trying to come to America.

When you watch the News it is always America at the top.

We can buy any African country with money and guns.
We have already opened McDonalds in the very heart of our enemy ,the Russians capital Moscow!!!

Imagine that.With our dagger in the enemies heart!

We lend them money.They owe $80 billion to us.

They are dependent on America.We export wheat as they are communists and are incapable of growing food.Remember the communist bread ques?

You as a student of history are blind to what is happening today.Inch by inch we are taking over the world.Our advisors are clever.They use bits of paper to take over the world.

And you know something this could be good for the world.After all if only one country and culture existed in the world called America there would be no more wars.No more boundary disputes.No more strife.

Nothing to fight for.

Pax Americana

PAX AMERICANA.

IP: Logged
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're kind of making us look bad dude. And our PR is low enough already.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moscow, "the very heart of our enemy"? What is this, 1962?
FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm more amused by McDonald's being your dagger's tip. I've never looked at Ronald and the Hamburglar in quite that way before. [Smile]

And I suppose Esecallum, since America rules the world and is able to buy up nations left, right and centre (and sell them burgers at reasonable prices) you won't need to worry about all that American debt bought up by the Chinese? That was about a trillion, wasn't it? [Wink]

And since when was the WHO an American mega corporation or multinational? That would be the international public health co-ordinating body...that is headquartered in Geneva?

This is fun, but it's fun in the same way crowds in the olden says had a gas taking the piss out of John Merrick. Sure, we all get a laugh and get to feel better about ourselves, but we're just kicking downwards and at the end of the day, someone is left wearing a face-bag and crying at a world they don't understand.

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
Ah fuck. Your tag made me think...

fuck, that's what those red lines mean on the panel 'Testes alarm'

LOL, sorry SIR/Ma'am/it-by-choice/it-by-bobbit...

That's quite all right, you're not the first to think that (I've had some interesting conversations on AIM because of my chosen screen name). [Smile]

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Esecallum:
quote:
Everyone is trying to come to America.
Last I checked,

business was actually moving away from America.

The EU is muscling up trade agreements and consolidating its sum total market share pan-nationally,

China is steaming on like a freight-train in industrilization and IT trade (giving no heed as to what it does to their air and shrubberies),

Russia is about 10-15 years away from rebuilding and developing their industrial and finacial base into a sovereign capitalist-hybrid behemoth.

India and China are in space (more or less :.) ).

What does the US do? Well, you are working overtime to shrug off the accumulated debt and filth of the past 8 years and just trying to get back to plus-minus-zero,

while simultaneously being sabotaged by your own people,

who blame the new guys for the mess they themselves created and abandoned, working towards everything staying the same,

or preferably regresses further back into the age of Ronny "Chesterfield" Reagan.

THESE ARE FVCKING ROBERT LUDLUM DAYS.

quote:
When you watch the News it is always America at the top.
You live in America, Sherlock, watching that special kind of American "fishbowl" news, small wonders your news covers you at the top.

Regarding international news, don't flatter yourself, but a lot of the time it covers US dealings, yes.

And two-thirds of that time,

the news describe your childish and embarassing tug-of-war infighting,

and the whole world watches (in their spare time, when they're not occupied with real work),

and what they see makes them do this.

My sincere prayers go out to those of you constructive americans, I've met many of you and liked the experience (especially over indian food). You are a great people, you wish to be. For this reason above all, your capacity for good, I've sent you this, my only post in this thread. Goddamn it hurts having my face turn into glass, hurts like a mvthvrfvckvr, and all for you. That's how much I love you.

PS. This format of constructing posts is pretentious. DS

ABOVE ALL ELSE, IT IS PRETENTIOUS.

PRETENTIOUS IN THE EXTREME.

THAT IS ALL.

that is all....

*fading-blues-guitar-twang-like-in-end-of-Nancy-Sinatra's-"Bang Bang My Baby Shot Me Down"*

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm more amused by McDonald's being your dagger's tip. I've never looked at Ronald and the Hamburglar in quite that way before. [Smile]

Reagan Smash!!!
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
quote:

Reagan Smash!!!
[Big Grin] I like that one!

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, no, not again.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta agree with FawnDoo on this- he's just a troll.
It's one ting to have a real discussion on a topic with someone you disagree with- we all have with Omega for example- but when some idiot replies with "Have you got Alzheimers?", that's just troling for eaction and not content.

Asshat trolling aside, there are thousands of people certain we did not win Vietnam- and those are the vets that served there and their families.

It's kinda sad he's incapable of having this discussion- but then again, the Glen Beck audience
only hears what it wants to hear anyway.

It's scary how many people really think like Esecallum- whole rallies of them unsure exactly what they are protesting, but protesting -on command- nonetheless.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
It's scary how many people really think like Esecallum- whole rallies of them unsure exactly what they are protesting, but protesting -on command- nonetheless.

*claps. long and hard, totally in agreement*

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

Hey, I have seen some clips of Glenn Beck. If he told me to protest something, I would, because he looks crazy enough to smash my head to paste with a hammer if I refuse. Look at his eyes. They're tiny and crazy. It's like looking at a psychotic chicken.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where Glen Beck gets his crazy from.

This shit is so crazy that it undermines all of his so-called 9/12 project. I really wonder how many people at those protests know that the book Beck keeps pushing was written by a paranoid, racist conspiracy nut that both the FBI, the Mormon Church and Time magazine considered crazy and/or dangerous.
quote:
Besides bursting with factual errors, Skousen's book characterized African-American children as "pickaninnies" and described American slave owners as the "worst victims" of the slavery system. Quoting the historian Fred Albert Shannon, "The Making of America" explained that "[slave] gangs in transit were usually a cheerful lot, though the presence of a number of the more vicious type sometimes made it necessary for them all to go in chains."

In-Sane.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.